Amber Guyger indicted for murder? Wow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
    If I walked into your house and shot you dead, I’d get murder charge.

This is pretty much what this case comes down to. If a normal guy walked into the apartment next to his then shot the person inside, he would be charged with murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
      This is pretty much what this case comes down to. If a normal guy walked into the apartment next to his then shot the person inside, he would be charged with murder.

Normal guys aren't backed by that thin blue line...

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
        Wish it was that easy.....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
        What (if any) do you think her punishment should be?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
          What (if any) do you think her punishment should be?
          Well, I had posted something earlier but decided not to make it public about shooting people.

But, if I were one that believed in the Constitution of the United States, I would say at THIS VERY MOMENT, no punishment. Don't get me wrong, if she is tried by a jury of her peers, or if there is a plea agreement, then feel free to ask me.

But I just can't believe that a forum of this type, full of 2nd Amendment proponents and believers of the Constitution, would fight for gun rights but ignore the presumption of innocence as guaranteed by living in America.

Comment

The shooting was investigated and specific evidence and facts that we the public aren't aware of were presented to the grand jury. Until those facts are known to the public people should stop making assumptions as to what transpired.

Just curious on the 180 degree flip flop, did you run out of pots to stir?

All Americans should be given the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Even cops.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
              Just curious on the 180 degree flip flop, did you run out of pots to stir?

All Americans should be given the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Even cops.

She said she shot the man
              She said that on the 911 call
              I guess if Bob Kraft can get out of those Chinese fingercuffs in Florida...

Comment

Well, I had posted something earlier but decided not to make it public about6 shooting people.

But, if I were one that believed in the Constitution of the United States, I would say at THIS VERY MOMENT, no punishment. Don't get me wrong, if she is tried by a jury of her peers, or if there is a plea agreement, then feel free to ask me.

But I just can't believe that a forum of this type, full of 2nd Amendment proponents and believers of the Constitution, would fight for gun rights but ignore the presumption of innocence as guaranteed by living in America.

What does this have to do with the 2nd?
                She said herself that she made a mistake and killed a man in cold blood.
                So in my mind, thats not Murder 1, but it's not "oh I'm sorry for knocking over your beer" sweep it under the rug either.
                Are you not Republican?
                Do you not believe in personal responsibility?
                And with your firearm you must be responsible and coherent enough of your surroundings to not kill or injure others with your firearm?

I'll get a few years in the slammer if I kill a deer in July or at midnight.
                So she should do a few years for killing an innocent human.

Comment

What does this have to do with the 2nd?

She said herself that she made a mistake and killed a man in cold blood.

So in my mind, thats not Murder 1, but it's not "oh I'm sorry for knocking over your beer" sweep it under the rug either.

Are you not Republican?

Do you not believe in personal responsibility?

And with your firearm you must be responsible and coherent enough of your surroundings to not kill or injure others with your firearm?

I'll get a few years in the slammer if I kill a deer in July or at midnight.

So she should do a few years for killing an innocent human.
                  You will only get that jail time if you are convicted. I guess my ENTIRE feelings on this are, "Innocent until proven guilty."

Oh, by the way, if you were to get a few years for killing a deer as described, you must have had Elmer Fudd as an attorney.

Now as far as all that other garbage you spewed......Pfft

Comment

I get what you're saying. The law is supposed to be innocent until the evidence says otherwise in court and you're convicted. Today everyone runs up a conviction first and then sees if they can be defended against that or a different conviction, not following due trial to determine a conviction.

Comment

“Made a mistake”

And

“Killed a man in cold blood”

Can’t be both junior...a jury will decide which, and what she gets for it. That’s how this works if you havnt been paying attention.

You’ve not made a valid point, even a weak one, since you’ve been squawking on here.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post

Hush now!!! That would be too much like normal. Prayers for ALL involved but this thread gives me great pause. [emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

You will only get that jail time if you are convicted. I guess my ENTIRE feelings on this are, "Innocent until proven guilty."

Oh, by the way, if you were to get a few years for killing a deer as described, you must have had Elmer Fudd as an attorney.

Now as far as all that other garbage you spewed......Pfft

Oh.
                          Most definitely she is innocent until proven guilty.
                          She plead not guilty.
                          But when she goes to court and they play the 911 tape of her screaming "I just shot this man in his house but I thought it was my house!"

There will be a couple binary decisions each juror will need to make.

1. Did guyger point a gun at, pull the trigger, and send a bullet into that man. (Yes or No)

2. If the answer to 1. is yes, was this done intentionally or was it accidental discharge? (Yes or No)

3. If 2. is Yes, was this done with malice? (Yes or No)

If the answer to 3. is No. I see her getting 3rd degree manslaughter (or whatever the TPC wants to call it).

I cant believe people are arguing here like there is not a deadman that was simply eating Frosted Flakes on his sofa watching Monday Night Football.

For those that are saying "innocent until proven guilty" lets speed this up a bit because Guyger has already admitted to killing the guy. Now I think the only thing is to determine what type of death did she give him?
                          Murder 1
                          Murder 2
                          Murder 3

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                            I get what you're saying. The law is supposed to be innocent until the evidence says otherwise in court and you're convicted. Today everyone runs up a conviction first and then sees if they can be defended against that or a different conviction, not following due trial to determine a conviction.
                            Kinda like when you admit to having an email server in your basement and you're not convicted of anything but folks still want to see you buried under the jail.

Comment

So the trial began today and I hope the verdict is based upon the evidence presented during the trial.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wondering if its going to come to be that there was some sort of past relationship there

Comment

Working...
                                X