F150 power port, tire pressure monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150 power port, tire pressure monitor?

Has anyone else experienced this issue? My 2013 F150, since new, has thrown a "tire pressure sensor fault" message and light any time I have something plugged into the 12V charger port for more than ~30 minutes. Unplug the charger, and the light/message disappears after driving a few miles. This past hunting season, I spent a few days camping with no power, so I kept my cell phone plugged in to charge whenever I ran the truck. The "tire pressure sensor fault" light has been on since then. I suppose it's possible I have a bad tire sensor that needs to be replaced, but I had high hopes the light would go off eventually.

Any ideas? I tried the silly sensor reset procedure that involves bleeding air out of each tire until the horn blows. No luck.

Just me?

Comment

Try a different charger. F150forum.com is a good source for information.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/tpms-s...416937/index2/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Curious.... if the issue presented itself in 2013. Under warranty for 3 years. Why wait 7 years to worry about it?

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
          Try a different charger. F150forum.com is a good source for information.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/tpms-s...416937/index2/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          Thanks, will do some research there.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
            Curious.... if the issue presented itself in 2013. Under warranty for 3 years. Why wait 7 years to worry about it?
            I didn’t really consider it an issue when the light was turning off 5 minutes after I unplugged the charger.

But since those 3/4 days I had to have my phone plugged in whenever I ran the truck, it hasn’t turned off.

Comment

Working...
            X