Looking for service dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for service dog

Looking to adopt or buy a retired or washed out service dog, whether it be from a military or civilian law enforcement agency. Trying to see if any fellow green screeners have the hook up or know anyone? I’m a vet and have history with these dogs and have been looking, wanted to touch base here before I went out of state or had to look else where, thanks

There used to be a program to adopt out retired military k9’s. I’d do some research, I bet they are still doing it.

Comment

you can adopt dogs that didn't make the cut for TSA

Comment

I’ll look into both, thanks

Comment

check around on the air force website as well, i think they have a good adoption program.

Comment

So I emailed the TSA contact and the waiting list is very long at the moment, so still looking

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

My wife works for a lady that trains dogs. They have this one if you may be interested. Pm me if so.
                Attached Files

Comment

You might want to check out GoldenRuleRetrievers.com and give them a call. Located just outside Buffalo, Tx. They breed, train and have several different really good programs related to service dogs and veterans. I believe they sometimes have older dogs. They may have something or connect you with someone that could. They are great breeders totally devoted to help place the right dog for the right person. They were high on our list when we were looking for a good Golden Retriever breeder. We only went with another because of the timing of the litter.
                  http://GoldenRuleRetrievers.com

Comment

Great cause. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Gom View Post
                      You might want to check out GoldenRuleRetrievers.com and give them a call. Located just outside Buffalo, Tx. They breed, train and have several different really good programs related to service dogs and veterans. I believe they sometimes have older dogs. They may have something or connect you with someone that could. They are great breeders totally devoted to help place the right dog for the right person. They were high on our list when we were looking for a good Golden Retriever breeder. We only went with another because of the timing of the litter.
                      http://GoldenRuleRetrievers.com
                      Thanks I’ll look into them

Comment

I think out of the base in S.A. they adopt out washed out and retired Customs dogs.
                        But there are few dogs and long waits.
                        Most handlers keep their retired partners.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                          I think out of the base in S.A. they adopt out washed out and retired Customs dogs.
                          But there are few dogs and long waits.
                          Most handlers keep their retired partners.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                          You’re correct, I served My enlistment at Lackland in San Antonio, I was part of the puppy program. You raise a service puppy for 6 weeks. Like you said most retired are kept by their handlers, tough to get one. That’s why I was hoping someone knew of something, or something

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                            X