Hog Lease Available??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Lease Available??

Looking for a hog lease within a few hours of Houston. Would only hunt a weekend or so a month and up until October. Do these exist? I hunt a seasonal lease in central TX (Mills County) but it's a working cattle ranch so hunting is shut down from end of season till November. Really just looking for a place I could put up a feeder or two and either hunt with a bow, rifle or bow only. I'm sure an opportunity like this is probably like finding a needle in a haystack but you never know unless you ask! Thanks guys.

-Bobby

There used to be one outside of Santa Fe; about 30 miles south of Houston.

I don't know much if anything about it, other than I've seen it posted here a couple of times. Nothing special, hogs only, annual lease and there seemed to be a couple spots turn over each year.

Maybe someone else will chime in.

Comment

Following.

Comment

Did a search and found a thread or two about that lease in Santa Fe. I'm sure someone on here has some experience with that deal... it's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for but that price seems a bit steep.

Comment

Late night bump. Will trade manual labor for a decent hog hunt too.

Comment

blast from the past bump. Anyone?

Comment

Check with Russ79 he might have something.

Comment

Yes, I have had folks come try to thin the herd. I may have something in the works but not right away. If you want to try something right away let me know.

Comment

OF course, if we were to work something out, I would have to check your temperature before I let you in the gate.....

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                    OF course, if we were to work something out, I would have to check your temperature before I let you in the gate.....
                    Haha, I’ll PM you. Been holding a steady temp throughout - I’m good to go!

Comment

Working...
                    X