Travel trailer underbelly material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel trailer underbelly material

Looking to seal up the bottom of a travel trailer was thinking coroplast or a thin galvanized sheet metal .It’s an older trailer but it’s in really good shape so I wanna seal it up. Any info would help!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an older Terry and the basement was covered by sheet metal. Never had an issue. My newer RV has a black plastic. Pretty sturdy but the screws pulled out and the mice and coons found their way in. I cleared um out and installed rabbit wire to the underneath on top of the original covering. Mice will always find a way in but the coons are evicted forever.

Comment

Use the thin sheet metal.

Comment

Any idea where to purchase thin sheet metal? Was my first choice as to only have to do it one time.

Comment

my 30ftr is coraplast

Comment

I know I would need stitches before that project is done :-) wonder if Mueller sells flat sheets? Before its rolled into rpanels.

Comment

My airstream and avion both had aluminum underbellys . Yep that’s the problem with sheet metal is the sharp edges!!!

Comment

Mine has coroplast on the under belly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Mine is coroplast with spray foam around drain pipes

Comment

That’s another idea!! Spray foam. Did you have it done or buy a diy kit?

Comment

Sheet metal and spray foam

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                          That’s another idea!! Spray foam. Did you have it done or buy a diy kit?

No sir, it was done at the factory. The spray foam might be okay until you have a plumbing or wiring problem, then you gotta cut out all that foam to access the area. I seen coroplast panels at Home Depot for 22.00 on 4x8 sheet, might be easier to use that and mount it with TEK screws to the frame and use spray foam to seal around small gaps or pipes.

If you wanted to insulate it before you put up the coroplast, might just get that batt insulation. That would be easy to do.

Comment

Yep , just another point to consider,

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                              I know I would need stitches before that project is done :-) wonder if Mueller sells flat sheets? Before its rolled into rpanels.
                              I bought some 26ga galvanized sheets for ac ducts from Curtis Steel in Houston.

Comment

Working...
                              X