QAD ultrarest HDX, noise cure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QAD ultrarest HDX, noise cure?

On my new Insanity I put a QAD ultrarest on it. It's my first drop away and it is LOUD! Sounds like its slapping the shelf when it drops. I raised it all the way up but it still hits. I put a piece of mole skin on the shelf but it's still loud. I like my bows super quiet. Is there any cure or should I find some thicker mole skin material to put on the shelf to dampen the sound as much as possible?

Mine does the exact same thing.

Comment

Limb driver pro v

Comment

I'm not planning to drop another $120 on another drop rest. If I can't get paste the noise I'll either just live with it or go back to the NAP 360

Comment

Is it installed properly? Arrow is in line with the Berger hole? Long enough on the cord, and timed right?

I've got one, and so does my daughter, neither makes any noise. Mine is on an Elite, hers is on a Hoyt.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
            Is it installed properly? Arrow is in line with the Berger hole? Long enough on the cord, and timed right?

I've got one, and so does my daughter, neither makes any noise. Mine is on an Elite, hers is on a Hoyt.
            this is my sixth hd and second hdx and they don't make any noise. I think it's an installation issue.

Comment

I've had 3 QAD HDX's including one right now on my bow, no noise. It's awfully close to hitting the shelf but it doesn't. I think installation might be the problem as well. I also have a Bowtech.

Comment

Killer I have one on my Z7 and it is quite. Check the install and timing. Little tricky to set up at first. But once you get it right you will love it.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                  this is my sixth hd and second hdx and they don't make any noise. I think it's an installation issue.
                  you have extra shelf clearance on your mathews bows, not all shelves share the same geometry. when i set my qad hdx up on my switchback i have over a .125" clearance between the rest and the shelf. conversely, on my sx rush it contacts the shelf where the radius transitions from the shelf to the riser. both bows are set-up with the arrow in the bergers.

i've talked to ethan @ qad about this (yesterday actually) and they recommend running the arrow slightly above the berger and re-setting the nock point.

Comment

CCR set it up. I'll take it back by there and get them to check it out.

Comment

Put one on my Mission bow a few days ago. Never put a rest on in my life. Followed the directions and its working great. No noise. But like you said, it may be the shelf is different on our bows

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                        On my new Insanity I put a QAD ultrarest on it. It's my first drop away and it is LOUD! Sounds like its slapping the shelf when it drops. I raised it all the way up but it still hits. I put a piece of mole skin on the shelf but it's still loud. I like my bows super quiet. Is there any cure or should I find some thicker mole skin material to put on the shelf to dampen the sound as much as possible?
                        Gotta set it up where rest doesn't hit shelf

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                          Lol you like your bows super quiet? And you bought a bow tech? Doesn't make sense to me. Oh well....

Comment

When I had mine installed on my bowtech 340 at bowzone they switched the factory prongs with a different one. I think it was called TL1

Comment

I know a cure.

Comment

Working...
                              X