Go Pro Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Pro Cameras

Can anyone give me some reviews? Pro's & con's? Worth it?
    They aren't cheap but seem really cool for adventures. I'll be heading to Sonora, Mexico next month to chase mule deer and would like to capture as much of it as possible.

Any other recommendations?

If you are looking at the new ones, you have to get at least the "hero Black" to get replaceable batteries. The white and silver I think last about 2 hrs.

Comment

I have the hero 7, used it on my Japan trip when I went hiking through the Japanese Alps. Amazing footage.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a hero 5 black edition. Its a good camera to have. I have been taking mine hunting but always forget to use it when its time. The only problem is battery life. It comes with two batteries and they only last about an hour each. However, you can take off the charge port door and use an external battery pack to keep it running longer. Over all I like mine. And they are pricey but luckily it was a christmas gift last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a 4k knockoff from Amazon for around $60. They take great video & pics. GoPro is over priced.

Comment

Last summer I bought a Hero 5 Black and used it alot on our fly fishing trip to Colorado. The videos are priceless and it was relatively easy to learn how to use it. I've since used it for various other activities and am truly impressed with what all it can do. Glad I bought one. I think I bought it on Amazon for about $50 cheaper than Walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by darralld View Post
                Get a 4k knockoff from Amazon for around $60. They take great video & pics. GoPro is over priced.
                Although I typically side with the "buy once, cry once" crowd, the above statement has merit.

I bought a 4K knockoff from Amazon before a honeymoon trip and I was surprised by the quality of photos and videos it took. I even took it on a few scuba dives in the 50 foot depth range and it was fine.

If you are planning on using it a lot, Go-Pro probably is best option. However, if you only plan on using on a couple trips and don't want to worry too much about breaking a $60 camera, the knock offs on Amazon are a good alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                  Although I typically side with the "buy once, cry once" crowd, the above statement has merit.

I bought a 4K knockoff from Amazon before a honeymoon trip and I was surprised by the quality of photos and videos it took. I even took it on a few scuba dives in the 50 foot depth range and it was fine.

If you are planning on using it a lot, Go-Pro probably is best option. However, if you only plan on using on a couple trips and don't want to worry too much about breaking a $60 camera, the knock offs on Amazon are a good alternative.
                  Thanks! I'll have to look into that!

Comment

GoPro's are great. Turn it on, set it and forget it. You can always edit out the slow footage.

Comment

Working...
                    X