Ballpark cost 223-233AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballpark cost 223-233AI

I’m picking up a savage 10 bull barrel and am considering depending on cost to have a smith ream it to 223AI. Had anyone had this done on a factory barrel?

It will need a setback and rechamber, depending on the Smith $250 and up.

Comment

Yuuup, GS will have to set back barrel a few threads and cut a new chamber

Comment

It's a savage. Pick up the barrel you want and swap out as you wish. Barrel nut is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
          It's a savage. Pick up the barrel you want and swap out as you wish. Barrel nut is your friend.
          Yeah I’ve done a few it’s easy enough, I will probably just end up doing that.

Comment

What about a New England Arms single shot bull barrel 223 to a 223 AI

Comment

Originally posted by AD88 View Post
              No can do you have to set the barrel back to clean up the chamber. But you can ream in to 225 Winchester and use a 30-30 ejector.

Comment

thanks mrc, What i need to do is find me a TC frame. I have a TC compass in 6.5 CM that would do some trading for an Encore frame. Has less than a box of shells thru it.
                Last edited by AD88; 12-12-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

mrc is correct , no can do

FYI- the 223AI is shorter than the std 223

The 223AI is an amazing cartridge and very accurate

Comment

There are a few gunsmiths who can rebarrel a NEF by stubbing it. I have never seen one done only read about them. They do appear to be accurate and you can have any caliber you want, well maybe not some of the high pressure BR rounds.

Comment

You might be able to go to .22-250 also.

I’ve been wanting a fast twist .22-250 AI and a short .300 Blackout. Neither of those are available in the higher quality factory rifles, so I’ve thought about buying a 1:9 .223 and a 1:10 .308.

Swap barrels and rechamber, magazines/extracors/etc will all be perfect and the 1:10 .300 BLK should shoot the 125 gr Barnes supersonic hunting load great.
                      Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 12-13-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X