No announcement yet.

Xpress XP20CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storage under the leaning post was missing from this one and I really wanted it. Didn’t want to devote the time to building a storage box and any option it found was over $200 before adding in the fact it would be custom. I ran across a post on the hull truth where someone mentioned using a planter box. $15 for a 6 pack on Amazon.

Rivet nuts and 1/4-20 bolts with a backup nut

I’ll eventually build it out of fiberglass or starboard but for now it works. $5 and I’ll use the same bolts to attach the next one so no wasted energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
        Storage under the leaning post was missing from this one and I really wanted it. Didn’t want to devote the time to building a storage box and any option it found was over $200 before adding in the fact it would be custom. I ran across a post on the hull truth where someone mentioned using a planter box. $15 for a 6 pack on Amazon.

Rivet nuts and 1/4-20 bolts with a backup nut

I’ll eventually build it out of fiberglass or starboard but for now it works. $5 and I’ll use the same bolts to attach the next one so no wasted energy.

I like that idea. I've been wanting to do something like that to mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Stainless hinges and a piece of leader wire finished it off.

Also added a simple solution to a simple problem. Front storage hatch was overlapping the frame and bending in the middle. Of course, that’s where everyone steps including me. Aluminum square tubing and a bit of weatherstrip to avoid rattles. Box wasn’t rain tight anyway.

Comment

Next I’m hoping to tackle the dash. Like most 10 year old boats, especially of this caliber, the dash is Swiss cheese from prior owners. Switches to nothing, random power ports, Speedo that doesn’t work and enough silicone caulk to do 10 windows.

My buddy has a cnc plasma table and some extra stainless. Ordered new switches from Amazon, still waiting on a coupe

Comment

Where did you get the switches? It would be nice to uprade ours.

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
                Where did you get the switches? It would be nice to uprade ours.

Amazon- just search bilge pump or whatever you need rocker switch. There are color choices for the most part. One of them I could only find in blue so ordered all blue led. I wanted red but not the end of the word for sure.

Comment

You're gonna have this set up when the bulkhead bite fires off!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Xpress XP20CC

Got the dash cut out of 1/8 stainless. Needs to be sanded still. Planning to go for a brushed finish. Option #2 will be to cover it with vinyl. I’m doing away with the Speedo. Doesn’t match, doesn’t work and I don’t really care how fast I’m going. GPS shows it anyway.

Comment

Sanded up nice

Comment

Great Work!

Comment

Comment

You might want to make some of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              You might want to make some of these.
                              https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...&highlight=pvc
                              That is 100% going on the to do list. Perfect for my kiddo and my nieces/nephews. Well all of us, but they don't like to hold the rod at all

Comment

Dash done and installed

Comment

Working...
                                X