Wanting to upgrade grill, suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting to upgrade grill, suggestions?

I'm looking to upgrade my patio cookers. I want a smoker, grill and griddle. I doubt there's a great combo for all mentioned but maybe there is. Or should I look into separate cookers for each task? Any ideas would appreciated along with what to stay away from.

I am currently using gas grill and an electric box smoker that feeds pucks.

I suggest a Weber kettle or two! Add one of the griddle grates and you can do all of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Might want to look into the Weber Smokey Mountain. It’s a great smoker and can be effectively rigged as a charcoal grill also. Plenty of YouTube videos on this. Never tried it, but I suppose a cast iron griddle plate placed over the fire might even make an acceptable occasional griddle.

Comment

Stay away from those gourmet chef all in one grills, they are china trash. Lone Star Grillz out of Conroe makes some top notch products. They have a smoker/grill/griddle combo if you want a legit upgrade.

Comment

I wouldn't go combo. Get a high quality version of each on separately. Just my opinion.
          Never a fan on combos. One will invariably fail.

Comment

I have two grills/smokers that I mostly use, although I do have a Pitts and Spitts smoker sitting on the side of my house that needs about $1,000 worth of work on it to get it back in shape.

I bought a Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria grill about 8 years ago that I used for steaks, fajitas, grilling fish, burgers, and chicken breasts. Works great with adjustable grill but it is pretty big. I usually don't bring it out unless I am cooking for a large group. Cook with large pieces of wood.

I also bought a Masterbuilt Gravity Feed 1050 grill/smoker about 5 years ago. It has an internal thermometer and fan. It works like a pellet smoker but uses real charcoal and wood instead of pellets. I like it much better than the pellet grill I had previously. You can grill on it or smoke briskets, chicken, ribs, etc on it. It is pretty versatile and convenient. It will get to optimal cooking temperature in about 10 minutes but I usually let it go for about 20 minutes before I load it with meat.

Comment

Working...
            X