Power outages . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
    More like, the truck ran fine till an ice covered tree fell on it.
    If you can’t drive down the road and see that our line system is trash then I don’t know what to tell you. It is a tangled mess of epic proportions with trees not maintained. It is the infrastructure itself.

Comment

Again, it’s not the lineman’s fault it just is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by TKC View Post
        If you can’t drive down the road and see that our line system is trash then I don’t know what to tell you. It is a tangled mess of epic proportions with trees not maintained. It is the infrastructure itself.
        Not so much the infrastructure as it is companies not willing to spend the money to trim trees. You could make do with a piece of wood and an insulator. But when they wont spend the money to keep trees properly trimmed it doesnt matter. They will not do it. I was at oncor for several years and its pulling teeth to get them to trim anything.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

My farm between Canton and Grand Saline has been without power since midnight.

Generator is burning some expensive propane gas waiting on Oncor.

Comment

Edge of Tyler/Chapel Hill out for 3 hours now. No estimates for restoring from power company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bingo!
              Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
              I'm on standby also. Not getting screwed this time.

Comment

Originally posted by TKC View Post
                On the back of my property trees are growing under, through and above the power lines. They can't get do them because of two creeks.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                  Mine has only flickered a few times in Round Rock. Is it wrong that I been hoping it would go out so I can use my generator setup that I invested in after snowpocolypse?
                  Yes. Gas ( and propane) are expensive)

All good here in east brown county

Comment

Little over 30 hrs with no power here in south Hopkins county. Ice covered trees broken and fell over everywhere. Glad to have plenty of propane run most of my important stuff. Gas logs for heat, our cook stove is propane, and water heaters. Just cranked the generator to keep all that deer I just processed and put up, froze in the deep freeze. It was still frozen, but figured it was time to get it back to deep frozen! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

East of Centerville...3 hours this morning. Going on 1 hour now. And of course my new generator is somewhere between Memphis and here.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Outside of Palestine I’ve been on generator power most of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          East of Centerville...3 hours this morning. Going on 1 hour now. And of course my new generator is somewhere between Memphis and here.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
                          We’re in Streetman and about the same timeline. Luckily my generator purring right along in the back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                            My farm between Canton and Grand Saline has been without power since midnight.

Generator is burning some expensive propane gas waiting on Oncor.
                            They have gone from:

"Oncor is aware of an outage impacting your area. At this time, we do not have a restoration time but are working quickly & safely to restore service."

To:

"ONCOR: Your area has extensive damage to equipment due to icing on trees and impacts to power lines. Crews are working as quickly and safely as possible to assess damages and make repairs. Restoration work will continue tonight and tomorrow and you may consider seeking alternate accommodations."

Comment

If two years didn’t give you enough time to prepare, well…….

Seems quite a few took the hint.

Comment

I'm ready. Was hoping for a good test but it looks like we are about done with this ice storm in Coke County.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X