Dove field, sesame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
    Mycogen NuSun Clearfield hybrids. They are drooping down now and drying rapidly. Already dove in it eating the few weed seeds that made. Millet plot to east of there was doing great and full of seed. Dang hogs came thru in one night and trampled the whole thing. I guess the corn buffets I set up for them aren't enuff
    I saw a few places in the sesame where the hogs had bedded, but no real damage. No rooting.
    Were they eating the millet?

Comment

Yes. It was Japanese, foxtail and brown top and they were eating the heck of it. The seed heads were just beginning to ripen. I had hybrid sorghum stalks not headed out yet but they flattened all of them to the ground. My sunflowers are behind electric fences but I don't think it will keep hogs away. Already have pics of a piglet walking around in there at night

Comment

As of today, it has been 99 days since the sesame was planted. My brother walked in the field today and said about 10% of the total plants are dried and dropping seed. He said the rest are still green and limber.

Comment

Haven't really had significant rain since June.

Comment

Man you got a great spot there...Still trying to get me some dove...Never worked so hard for 2 birds last season. Lol

Comment

114 days since planting. Brother said "most" plants are dried down, but pods aren't popping open just yet.
              Need some cool weather for the birds.

Comment

Makes me wonder if they sold the shattering variety or not. If dried down they should be popping. Mine is still green

Comment

Will only get better.

Well, my brother's opinion of dried down isn't exactly dried down. I have brown pods and greenish stems. But the birds are coming in.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	23882.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	24592173

Comment

Bumping this to the top for a top shelf quality TBH’r and a sweet spot to kill dove.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                        Well, my brother's opinion of dried down isn't exactly dried down. I have brown pods and greenish stems.
                        121 days since planting.

Comment

Do u have any pics of plants/pods? Can't believe the pods aren't shattering after 122 days

Comment

I'll take a few tomorrow. I took some a while back but the files were too big to upload so I didn't screw them.

Comment

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e7A8DWWV9-M"]9-16-19 sesame, North End of field - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R8qzgz5epGw"]9-16-19, Sesame Field, South End. - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X