Video/Pics - Unit 34, NM Archery Bull Elk - 4R Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video/Pics - Unit 34, NM Archery Bull Elk - 4R Ranch

Most have already seen this, but I decided to put it onto one thread. Here is the final video and pics of our Unit 34 New Mexico archery elk hunt!

What a hunt it was! This was my first elk hunt, and definitely won't be my last. I can't say enough to thank STGS, Jason, and their Dad for this opportunity, and an unforgettable trip!

This bull was rough scored at 323" and the shot was 54 yards.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnmLvJMbNos"]Unit 34 New Mexico Archery Bull Elk Final Video - YouTube[/ame]

Elk pics -

We also had a mountain lion encounter that left us on edge the rest of the trip. After finding some buzzards in a tree, we went to check it out. After finding nothing, we turned around to see this big dude staring at us. He was about 20-30 yards from where we parked the ranger. After he snuck off, we circled back to the ranger where we found what he was guarding. He had a elk calf kill buried under a cedar!

A few random pics....

Last edited by CastAndBlast; 09-13-2019, 11:19 AM.

Totally awesome!

Comment

Perfect! Congratulations again Andy! I gotta hand it to ya. You've stuck with that sharp stick hunting very nicely and had some great accomplishments! Bringing that boy up right too!!

Comment

Wow! The photo of the lion is awesome, that's a fluffy cat.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Perfect! Congratulations again Andy! I gotta hand it to ya. You've stuck with that sharp stick hunting very nicely and had some great accomplishments! Bringing that boy up right too!!

Thank you Charlie! I have to give the credit to the people, you included, that have mentored me from a young kid and made me into a bowhunter!

Comment

Awesome video! Congrats again. Does 4R ranch sell hunts? I tried googling it and didn’t find any info. Thanks

Comment

That is an awesome bull. Congrats

Comment

Effffnnnn awesome!

Comment

Awesomeness! And even better...I've got the same truck. =)

Is that outfitter doing regular hunts? Website?

Comment

Very cool. Congrats again.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                      Awesome video! Congrats again. Does 4R ranch sell hunts? I tried googling it and didn’t find any info. Thanks

This is a friend/family ranch. I am not sure if they sell hunts outside of that. You can pm STGS or I can send his brother’s info to you if you want to contact them.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                        This is a friend/family ranch. I am not sure if they sell hunts outside of that. You can pm STGS or I can send his brother’s info to you if you want to contact them.
                        Thanks I’ll reach out to him.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                          Thanks I’ll reach out to him.

Yes sir! Shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

Comment

Really good looking bull. Congrats! An elk with a bow is no small feat.

Comment

Very impressive! Congrats and thanks for sharing pics

Comment

Working...
                              X