Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your deer camp have that ours don't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does your deer camp have that ours don't?

We had a carport put up and we fixed it up for hanging out...

I’d trade it all for a good swimming spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
      I have that windmill and large cistern that looks like a great swimming pool. Did you do anything to the water besides chlorine? shock it like a swimming pool? It does look tempting during the summer
      The landowner put one of those floating chlorine tablet holders in it and kept tablets in it at all times. It was always crystal clear. Algae would build on the bottom, but shocking it would probably prevent that! It didn’t bother us as long as you had shoes on.

Edit.... flip flops/sandals, not shoes.
      Last edited by TheHammer; 08-30-2019, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
        I've always wanted to add a chlorine floater to ours but just never have. It stays clear and there is minimal algae growing on the walls/benches.
        How do you keep the algae growth down? We kept a floater in ours, but it still grew on the bottom.

Comment

We have a pretty much everything now. It took awhile. It's a simple thing. Just last year we bought one of those$100 office water cooler stands and it's the bomb!
          We also just put up a feeder out the dining room window. Makes ya wanna sleep in and watch the news and drink coffee. This was Wednesday afternoon.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
            How do you keep the algae growth down? We kept a floater in ours, but it still grew on the bottom.
            There is still some algae growth, we just act like men when in touches us jk/jk

Edit: Being that we allow ours to overflow and fill into a smaller trough the animals can get to, I'm not sure how long the Chlorine tablets would keep and the last thing we're trying to do is add more jobs to keep up with.
            Last edited by Patton; 08-30-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

classic

Originally posted by patton View Post
              there is still some algae growth, we just act like men when in touches us jk/jk
              hahahahahaha!!!

Comment

Great views, Big deer, a windmill pool and a 40 cup coffee maker !!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                  The landowner put one of those floating chlorine tablet holders in it and kept tablets in it at all times. It was always crystal clear. Algae would build on the bottom, but shocking it would probably prevent that! It didn’t bother us as long as you had shoes on.

Edit.... flip flops/sandals, not shoes.
                  Awsome! I'm doing it. Recently bought the place and been looking at that tank all summer. just didn't know the history of the tank or how to make the water safe. Diverted the windmill line to a storage tank for the cabin and overflow back to the tank. The windmill still keeps the tank overflowing.

Comment

We had a 5 bedroom barndo with central air and heat, 300 sq ft porch and commercial sized gas stove till relatives burned it to the ground.

Now its more of a camp so the only cool thing we have is our names on the deed

Comment

We have a rattle snake den under our ranch house, really keeps you on your toes.We can also hunt from almost every room in the house, lots of critters

Comment

Freezer where we have bags of ice delivered so nobody has to carry ice to camp

Lighted and covered skinning rack with electric winch and electric saw for cleaning

walk in freezer

container for members to store their tailgate bags of corn - mouse proof

open covered pavilion with direct TV

firewood delivered before each season and stacked in camp for our campfires

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                          We have a rattle snake den under our ranch house, really keeps you on your toes.
                          Nice!

We have a big cistern, but it leaks. Anyone tried sealing cracks with success?

Comment

Ours has cabins with maid service. Literally. It's awesome.

Comment

Those sistern “pools” are awesome. This one is on a friend’s place near Lampasas. Great for cooling off after a dove hunt. Even this time of year the water is nut-shrinking cold

Comment

Every time I see those windmill tanks I think of this song.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53295iYXaOk"]Max Stalling The Pila Song - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X