Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappie fines not near enough

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Why do you think people keep breaking the law? No deterrent from our weak system.

Comment

$2,700 each? What a joke

Comment

Saw this and it’s a slap in the face to law abiding sportsman. They still keep their license and minor fine. I’m sure restitution will be weak as well. TPW have the right to confiscate property in these cases but never do. That sends a stiff message if you start taking boats and trucks. Otherwise no lessons learned other than be more careful next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Asinine that anyone and specially guides would be given a slap on the hand for taking under size fish and going over the fish limit. I could see that the minimum fine be assessed to a first time offender unfamiliar with the game fish regulations but not to guides.

Comment

Disgusting. This is why people lose respect for law enforcement and the justice system. It doesn't stop with game and fish either.

Comment

Once TPWD adds restitution charges on the 208 over limit and 40 undersized the $2700 is likely to grow exponentially especially if TPWD is miffed at the original fine amount. At say $100 per fish this could hurt really bad. https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...es-restitution

Comment

Yes but they split the fish up 70 a piece. This is total crap. And let the fishermen off Scott free. I call b.s.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  Once TPWD adds restitution charges on the 208 over limit and 40 undersized the $2700 is likely to grow exponentially especially if TPWD is miffed at the original fine amount. At say $100 per fish this could hurt really bad. https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...es-restitution
                  This!!! I’m hoping TPWD makes it sting!!! Also they mentioned there is no laws about revoking guide licenses but this could be the case to start it.

Comment

No fines for the out of state clients is pure BS!!!

This wasn't just a simple mistake of miscounting a fish or two over the limit.

Comment

We spent more money on resources than they paid in fines.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        We spent more money on resources than they paid in fines.

No kidding. I'd like to see the guides' licenses revoked for 5 years, plus a big ol' fine.

Comment

They should lose their guide license.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowkill View Post
                            $2,700 each? What a joke
                            ????

I'm ok with $2700 each plus restitution. I'd be ok with the loose of their guide license and the clients fined for one fish each.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                              ????

I'm ok with $2700 each plus restitution. I'd be ok with the loose of their guide license and the clients fined for one fish each.
                              I didnt catch the restitution part initially

Comment

Working...
                              X