• Show
Clear All

I put Stabil in all my gas tools. Cheap insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
      I put Stabil in all my gas tools. Cheap insurance

If the gas goes into anything buy my truck, it gets Stabil added to it at the 2-year dose.

Comment

I have been using Truefuel in my chain saw for quite a while now. Went to use it the other day and grabbed the TF can and it was marked May 2013(I wrote on the can when I purchased it). It is advertised to be good for 1 year....still good after 7.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
          Went to start power washer today. Only use ethanol free in it after replacing carb last year. Ran it dry in October and stored without seafoam etc. Put fresh ethanol free gas in yesterday and nothing. Took the bowl off and varnish/gunk everywhere. Cleaned it and wired out and fired right up. Seafoam next time. Oooof.
          For the Seafoam, could you mix in your gas can with the Stabil?

Comment

I have always used truefuel in my cabin saw. I bet that $150 Ryobi would start right up right now. Saved all of my 2 cycle stuff.

Comment

Yep the sea foam works great. Always put some in the tank of whatever I am using. It will clean it out and stabilize the fuel. I am a believer.

Comment

Yes, all gas will go bad, it's not just the ethanol that will cause the fuel to deteriorate over time, there are other chemicals in the fuel that will cause it to go bad. I have had race fuel in tanks go bad on me, there is no ethanol in there and it is high quality fuel.

Fuel with any amount of ethanol in it, will test bad in something like 14 days after it's put in the tank, at the gas station, not 14 days after you buy it. If it's yellow, it's bad, your vehicle may still run on it and you may not notice a problem, but it will test bad, if it's yellow. If you are running a high hp engine and try to run it hard, let's say normally the engine runs fine on a given fuel, once it goes bad, at that point, you will start to notice the engine does not run like it does on fuel that will test good. That's when it's only maybe a month old, a car that really needs good fuel to run WOT, will run poorly. But the same fuel in a low hp engine driving around normal, you most likely won't notice anything different. Give that same fuel another couple months and even a low hp engine won't run properly.
                Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 01-24-2021, 09:10 AM.

Comment

All gas goes bad and will accumulate water over time.

We run ethanol free in our generators, 4wheelers, chain saws, mowers, etc.

AND, it is always treated with SeaFoam. Not a lick of trouble in the past 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post

AND, it is always treated with SeaFoam. Not a lick of trouble in the past 15 years.
                    ^^^^^
                    I stored some aviation gas in the barn thinking it won’t go bad
                    A hunter ran out of gas in his mule and I gave him 5 gallon can of
                    It , mule ran but very poorly, mechanics said bad gasoline, don’t know if he had sludge in the bottom of the tank or the av gas went kaput?
                    Ethanol gas ruined my offshore boats fuel lines and gaskets
                    Very expensive lesson

Comment

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post

No stabil just seafoam? How much per gallon?

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                        ^^^^^
                        I stored some aviation gas in the barn thinking it won’t go bad
                        A hunter ran out of gas in his mule and I gave him 5 gallon can of
                        It , mule ran but very poorly, mechanics said bad gasoline, don’t know if he had sludge in the bottom of the tank or the av gas went kaput?
                        Ethanol gas ruined my offshore boats fuel lines and gaskets
                        Very expensive lesson
                        Ethanol has put many a mechanic’s kids through college that’s for sure. 😕

Comment

Well all I know is I've not had any problems since I started using ethanol free gas. No one made stabilizer before they put ethanol in gas, it would sit for a long period of time before it would start going bad. The gas in question was only 6-7 months old and was e-free. Even with ethanol it should have been fine after that period of time. I guess I got a bad batch or something. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                            No stabil just seafoam? How much per gallon?
                            Correct. 1oz per gallon. Works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                              Condensation in the tank is probably the culprit
                              bingo

Comment

Big temperature swings will cause condensation.If it hasn't been run in a long time,the fuel will lose its flammability.

Comment

Working...
                                X