X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Assistance Needs/Requests

Hurricane Harvey
    Hey TBH’ers, many of you have seen the numerous posts of people from all over the state offering assistance to those of you along the coast that have lost just a little or have lost it all. The TBH forum is full of amazing people who want to help, however the TBH members needs to know who to help.

It appears, based on the comments that I’ve seen on many of the threads, that TBH’ers want to help TBH’ers and their families. I am asking that you please let us know if your household needs any assistance and what kind of assistance you might need. I understand that many people are displaced and might be for a number of weeks, but it’s not too early to let us know that you will be needing help.

Some of you might not ask for the help and some of you will. I would just like to say that there are people, that WANT to help and they want to help TBH’ers specifically. Please allow them to help you. We are your friends, your neighbors, your family and your fellow Texans.

Please PM me with you name and phone number and general geographic location (if Houston, please state what part of Houston) and what you are needing assistance with and let’s see what the TBH members can do to help you.

You can also call or text me at (903)436-0243

Stay strong and keep your faith,
    BrandonF

I am making this post and will ask an admin to please make it a sticky so that it will remain at the top.

Guys, please, please, please let the TBH know if you were affected and need some help. There are so many people on here that want to help you.

Please send me a PM.

In the last 24 hours since I've posted this, there have only been a couple of PM's. I know there has to be more people that are going to need some kind of help.

Please let us that want to help, help the TBH'ers first.

Comment

Yep please don't let pride get in the way of some assistance. We will be making several trips to the area for work starting next week. I'll bring what ever is needed.....well almost anything

Comment

I would be happy to help, and surprised there haven't been any request posted

Comment

Pm incoming BigDraw.

There have been plenty of people request assistance so far.

Lots of help is needed.

Comment

Brandon, pm being sent about helping in Houston.

Comment

Anyone in the Cypress area or West Houston area that need any help with demo/clean up? There are two offers of help in those areas right now. Send me a PM.

Comment

We have several TBHer's on work crews removing carpet, furniture, sheetrock etc. We are working out of our church, Key Life Fellowship, as a hub and mainly helping the New Caney, Porter, Kingwood areas. If you need help, please call 281-689-1604 and speak with Kim. She is compiling a list and sending us where we are needed. Please let us help you.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonF View Post
                  Anyone in the Cypress area or West Houston area that need any help with demo/clean up? There are two offers of help in those areas right now. Send me a PM.
                  Brandon Add me to this Cypress clean up crew.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by El Forajido View Post
                    Brandon Add me to this Cypress clean up crew.

Thanks,
                    Erik, pending somebody from TBH asking for help, I'm heading to Bayou City Fellowship on Telge this afternoon and let them send me out from there. Enchanted Valley just east of my neighborhood got hit hard and there are tons of requests for help in there.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                      Erik, pending somebody from TBH asking for help, I'm heading to Bayou City Fellowship on Telge this afternoon and let them send me out from there. Enchanted Valley just east of my neighborhood got hit hard and there are tons of requests for help in there.
                      Yea, I noticed that yesterday while in the area. Next is heading out to our church on Cyresswood and 249 , then help out with some folks and friends in that subdivision by Perry's Steakhouse. Will be out this weekend as well. Don't know what priority is, but willing to help out any in need immediate assistance. Thanks for the heads up Chris, keep in touch.

Anybody else PM me
                      Last edited by El Forajido; 09-01-2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

We lost our house and everything on our place except probably 3 trees. Wife and kiddos are all good. We are Texas strong. Lots of people need help in the area. We have food and a travel trailer a friend brought into a RV park about an hour away for us to stay in for now. Waiting to here what insurance is going to do. Lots of prayers needed right now. My house was located about 2 miles north of Aransas Pass on FM 1069. We had about 3 foot of tidal surge come from the back bay a good half mile from me and I'm 6ft above sea leave. Got 9 inches or so of water in the house from it seeping through the brick weep holes.
                        Last edited by Bonehead2314; 09-07-2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I may be taken care of but if there are any contractors that are not already overwhelmed that others here can vouch for, please pm me. I am in the Sugarland/Meadows Place area. As far as I know now, we'll need a few walls replaced and the possibility of a chimney/fireplace tear down/rebuild or wall over.

Prayers for all that are out working and helping others as well as all those who got hammered by this one....hang in there and remember, "it's a marathon, not a sprint!" #houstonstrong

Comment

I would just like to say that there are people, that WANT to help and they want to help TBH’ers specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by JacobJohnson92 View Post
                              I would just like to say that there are people, that WANT to help and they want to help TBH’ers specifically.

Confused at why you are posting on 5 year old threads as if they are current?

Comment

Working...
                              X