Need help/advice on 10-speed transmission in F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help/advice on 10-speed transmission in F150

I am having issues with my '15 F150 5.0 with the 10 speed transmission shifting rough and such... Still pulls as good as ever, even shift manually through all 10 gears and none slip or anything, it is just shifting rough going up and down. Anyone on here have any experience or anyone know a trustworthy shop/technician I can take it to in the (hopefully) north Houston area?
    Many Thanks!

I have a '16 but it is equipped with the 6 speed. Was unaware that the 10 speed was an option at that point.

I had an issue with some of the issues you described and took it to my local dealer for a transmission service and it solved the issues I was having. Wasn't necessarily slipping, but could feel some rough spots in between gears that I didn't like. This was performed at roughly 90k miles. If I remember correctly it was right at $300.

Comment

Thought they came out in 2017 with the 10 speed in an F150. Either way, check out Poutous Auto on 1960/249. They are honest and stand behind their work.

Comment

Since Ford and gmc have the same 10 speed? hopefully it’s just a shift program problem in the CPU?

Comment

Thanks so far guys...
          Bump for anyone else that may have experienced this and got it resolved??
          Thx.

Comment

Charlie, you sure you have the A10 in a 2015??

Like stated, the joint Ford/GM A10 was launched in 17 & introduced / launched in the Raptor & ZL1 Camaro.

Comment

Well DANG! I just noticed that snaffu!! it's a '18!! I fat-fingered the number when I typed it in originally!!

Comment

Wish I could help...I put 100k miles in 14 months on my 18 company F150 & the A10 was flawless.

I can tell you the fluid level is really important & they have a goofy system to verify the correct level by heating for a certain time using the overflow as a guide.

Comment

Ford F150's have an adaptive memory transmission that learns as you drive. Mine began shifting hard and I had to have it reset it was under warranty. I think there is a way to reset it without going to the dealership.

Comment

It's also in the Mustang and a pile of other Ford cars. Ford claims it's normal, and a function of the "adaptive shifting technology". Ford claims it should fix itself as it learns shifting. One would think if yours is an '18, it should have figured it out already.

Good luck. The Google machine doesn't have any good answers to your problem, but certainly lots of posts on it. I remember reading about it when I was shopping for my current car.

Comment

It might have to relearn if you disconnect the battery for a while? 10 gears is just a small step from no gears / belt drive that is.

Comment

Thanks guys!! This is great information!! The truck has 155K miles on it, so it ought to be smart enough to know how to shift by now, but with the combination of fluid level and the adaptive shifting, y'all might be on to something... That gives me some direction.
                        I'll keep checking this thread for more ideas, plus I will report back as I have updates... It still pulls loads just fine, in fact seems to shift better if I have a trailer with weight attached...

More later and thanks again!

Comment

Isn't the fluid change due at 100k or 150k??

Comment

OK guys, I did some forum reading on a mustang forum and another Ford forum and it seems what Randy said may be my issue... I just went out and disconnected my battery and did a hard reset of the system... of course that means I lost all my gps, radio, seat, mirror, etc. "diver" settings and will have to reinput those... If it works I will report back... I will find out when I start home from the office later this afternoon... Y'all say a little prayer for me, one that this fixed it at least temporarily and 2 that I don't lose it and flip out over all the lost settings!!

Comment

Time for a new one Charlie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X