Winter Wheat and Oats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Wheat and Oats?

I am looking to plant some winter wheat and Oats. I already have plots out for hunting season, just wanted to see what the experts thoughts were on planting it this late. I read that September-October is still ok to plant these. This will be in Madisonville but shouldnt make that much of a difference I wouldnt think.

First time with these two plots so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I have planted in early November in West Texas and they came up just fine.

Edit:

Also look at adding a clover, radishes, and turnips.
    Last edited by 88 Bound; 09-23-2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Not sure, but i'm in for more info. Could you post pics of what you have so far?

Comment

Im planting next week ahead of the rain chances and always plant in October. I used to plan in early September but the Army Worms have been a issue for the last 5 years for me .

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
          Not sure, but i'm in for more info. Could you post pics of what you have so far?
          Nothing planted just yet, seed bought but am going to work on it this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
            I have planted in early November in West Texas and they came up just fine.

Edit:

Also look at adding a clover, radishes, and turnips.
            Have the clover and radishes and turnips and couple others in the ground already.

Comment

Originally posted by MossyRockRanch View Post
              Im planting next week ahead of the rain chances and always plant in October. I used to plan in early September but the Army Worms have been a issue for the last 5 years for me .

This is what we’ve been doing last three years. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We plant wheat every year. We planted last Saturday. Planting this early runs the risk of getting green bugs, our plots range from a 1/2 acre all the way up to 12 acres and it's just for the deer so we don't worry about it.
                Also get treated wheat seed. That will allow it to lay in the ground longer without water and still be ok.

Comment

Working...
                X