Official 2021-2022 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    It happens Ender. And there are plenty of pigs to go around.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
    Yeah but I hate losing that $12 broadhead lol. Actually when I reviewed the footage at home I couldn’t see the lighted nock after the pig ran from the shot. The shot looked perfect so I’m sure she’s dead probably not far into that brush, but I could be wrong. Unfortunately I’m leaving for work today so I don’t have time to boat all the way over there today to check the area for the arrow. Maybe I’ll be lucky and find it next days off when I head in that direction for a deer. I did find a nice shed while looking for her though
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ender; 09-21-2021, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Yep, what Pepper said. Aquila too. Grapevine, Bardwell, Waco...just about anywhere for that matter. Anywhere there is a drainage, creek, or river system, you'll find hogs in most of the state. Some places just take a little more work than others. Just put corn down. "And they will come ".

Mansfield, Burleson, Ft Worth, and Trinity river bottom between Dallas and Ft Worth have hogs.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
      Yes, my old job was in Irving, right off of Loop 12. I was in a warehouse district, with a UPS DC right across the street. The company had hogs tearing up the small yard and flower beds in the front. Even though it was a super populated area.

Comment

Bell has them in their parking lots out back. Lots of em.

There's also a bunch by the city landfill just east of Bell. And where East 820 crosses the river in Ft. Worth. There is plenty of sign all along between E. Ft. Worth and Arlington's Legacy Park.

Comment

Bell has them in their parking lots out back. Lots of em.

There's also a bunch by the city landfill just east of Bell. And where East 820 crosses the river in Ft. Worth. There is plenty of sign all along between E. Ft. Worth and Arlington's Legacy Park.
          Legacy park has a lot of them too! I used to ride there and would see them often.

Comment

He'll I have them over here in Grand Prairie in the lakes off of wildlife way , not even 4 miles from me. And the fishing can be good in the spring time.

Comment

Everbody ready for next weekend?

Comment

Everbody ready for next weekend?
                What's next weekend? I've heard all government lands have postponed all activities until the beginning of January. Any trucks parked outside of Corp land are probably Covid inspectors checking the deer herd to ensure they are all adequatly vaccinated. Nothing to see on Corp this year. Especially in the areas that I hunt...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I should be back home that weekend for a week. Hope to hunt as I have to be back out of town after that. I need to find a job in fr worth where I can make 32 to 35 an hr

Comment

Originally posted by andreww5001 View Post
                    What's next weekend?........

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Next weekend is the first weekend of October. That's what's next weekend.

Start of the real change in weather where temps can be in the 90s. And drop down to the 40s by October's end. Leaves on some of the trees will be starting to turn. Some family memories in there in the middle of Oct for me. Sandhill cranes will be riding the winds in. Ducks will be moving south and ripping the wind across there wings just above the tree tops at day break. Sandbass and stripers will be putting it on for the winter, both top water and below. All the mammals will soon be having their hormonal changes . Lots happening in Oct.

Comment

Finally I get to hunt on opening day, these dogs eat up a ton of time. One will be home with my wife the other somewhere south of little Rock.

Comment

Looks like rain for opening weekend, I've been wet before so I'm going.

Comment

Good Luck Storm. There's deers in them there woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                            Looks like rain for opening weekend, I've been wet before so I'm going.
                            Same!

Comment

Well, I don't know about the rain. Was think-n about go-n fish-n the first Sat of Oct. And was think-n about use-n corn for bait. Yall think that'll work? Will that help me catch anything?

Comment

Scaleless deerfish. Or one of them hogfish. Those can be tough to get in the boat.

Comment

Working...
                                X