Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-11-2021, 05:15 PM   #1
BigL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba
Default Deer lease pranks

The dumpster find bear makes me want to mess with a few guys on my lease.

Give me a few ideas. Here are ones I've done before

Bought a bunch of crickets and put in someone's pop-up blind. He said that he got in before daylight then at daylight he saw the walls and floor moving before he saw all of them. I never told him I did it just laughed for a couple weekend when he complained about the jumping on him.

At the end of a season another guy had asked if he could hunt my stand for pigs after the season. I put a skeleton in one of the chairs with a clown mask on it. I put red reflectors in the eyes. He went out to hog hunt after dark and said he probably scared all hogs away when he screamed like a little girl.

Put a 3d deer in the wood line about 500 yards away from the stand. He never shot it but said he don't know if anything ever came out because he was looking through binos trying to figure out why that buck wouldn't move
BigL is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 05:26 PM   #2
8th1
Four Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

My son and I put some glow in the dark push thumbtacks on a log that had the shape of a hog, near a Creek bottom.
That night, we took our buddy down there spotlighting. He almost shot at it with a 7 mm mag.
We couldn't stop laughing. He said he was going to get us back.
8th1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 05:29 PM   #3
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

You know those witch head Halloween decorations you hang on your door that let out loud laughing cackle when they are bumped? We once hung one on a trail to a guys stand with a trip wire to set it off. It has its intended effect one morning but it took the victim several months to laugh about it.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 05:31 PM   #4
hopedale
Pope & Young

Hunt In: WMAs

Someone on our lease had a brass horn. They bent it so the bell of the horn faced the person blowing it

Unbeknownst to the new guy it was tradition they would blow the horn before the hunt.

In the horn was baby powder. They would be covered in it.

Looked like this

https://www.loveseat.com/i/decorativ...-bugle-horn-1/
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 05:47 PM   #5
Bro. Bill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country

Years ago in Cleo Tx
One them rednecks I hunted with took a deers tail and threw in a ole boys sleeping bag down at the feet part..
Well after eating way to much and consuming a Lot of beverages.. we hit the sack and two three hours later Walter hit that deer tail with his pinky toe and screamed like a girl.
He was on bottom bunk and he set up so fast he hit his head on the upper bunk ( metal cross bar )
I don’t see much humor now because Walter had a goose egg on his nogin.
But a whole buncha drunks got woke up by a deer tail!
:-)))
Bro. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 06:07 PM   #6
RedBear78
Six Point

Hunt In: Warren,Sourlake,Angelina forest

Put about 100 empty beer cans in a buddys tower blind one night.The next morning hunt he climbed up in the dark and made all kinds of racket getting in.I think it kinda scared him he was really mad for a bit he got over it and laugh about it now.Another bud who is very serious about his hunting,I’ll occasionally throw a few random spent brass rounds in his blind to get him flustered about someone hunting his blind.The camp is all aware and part of the joke but he’s a really big boy so one day I may catch a whooping.I’ll post pics when it happens!
RedBear78 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 06:22 PM   #7
Gerald G
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mississippi, Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
You know those witch head Halloween decorations you hang on your door that let out loud laughing cackle when they are bumped? We once hung one on a trail to a guys stand with a trip wire to set it off. It has its intended effect one morning but it took the victim several months to laugh about it.
Thatís got to be one of the best pranks Iíve heard of.
Gerald G is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 07:15 PM   #8
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Man, photo shopping weird things into legit trail cam pics and leaving it on the card is hard to beat
GarGuy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 07:22 PM   #9
Colton
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
This is pure evil 😂😂😂
Colton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 07:28 PM   #10
Tony Pic
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Picarosas North and South, Kerrville, Mountain Home and Harper

Plastic snakes and clear fishing line.
Take clear line and tie around plastic snake head, opposite side on door handle of door being opened. Place on passenger seat covered or whatever seat you can watch door get opened. When they pull door open snake will lunge towards them. Have your phone ready for pics
Tony Pic is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 07:38 PM   #11
686PPP
Eight Point

Guys on my lease live hours away and im 15 mins to the stand. I have several decent Illinois buck mounts. I will take one and get a few picts of the buck on the their trail cams. I take my laptop and edit the picts so the number match up. Thats been going on for 5 years or so. They have never spoken of it either.
686PPP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 07:42 PM   #12
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Quote:
John omitted the detail that the poor guyís hunting duds required three laundry cycles to remove all traces of the involuntary bowel movement Ö
3ChordTruth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 08:20 PM   #13
txchuck
Six Point

Drop some fizzy tablets in their dry pee bottle.
txchuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 09:17 PM   #14
Gumbo Man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Onalaska Texas

Years ago we were in camp and one of our guys was convinced that one day he would win the lottery. We were playing poker and he left the table to take a shower. He said guys I have the t.v on the station that will show the lottery numbers and if I’m not back in time would y’all write them down? After he left the room I got his lottery ticket on the table and wrote one set of numbers down in different order not to make it look suspicious. When the numbers came up on t.v I wrote them down and then hid the paper. When he came back in the room he asked if we had gotten the numbers and I said yes. Over on the table. We watched as he put everything together and started sweating and jumping around and whooping and hollaring. We let it go for a few minutes and then I gave him the actual numbers. He looked at me and called me “ An evil Coon Azz”. I said those are terms of endearment where I come from.
Gumbo Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 09:50 PM   #15
bullets13
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

We were hanging out at the camp cabin and I set my fox pro to “mountain lion in heat” and hid it on the porch. Muted it and then maxed the volume. After dark I had my little cousin step out onto the porch by telling him that I thought there were pigs under our camp feeder. Right when he clicked the spotlight on I hit the mute button again and a mountain lion growl on full volume blasted about 4 feet from him. He dropped the spotlight and dove back into the cabin.
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 10:02 PM   #16
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

If you got a guy that won't whup your arse....get an old fashioned manual alarm clock and attach it under his blind or nearby. Set it go go off right after the feeder goes off.

https://www.amazon.com/Peakeep-Stere...1415708&sr=8-5
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 10:02 PM   #17
Donny13
Nubbin' Buck

Someone I know put a life size coyote mount in side someone's pop up and watched from afar as he got in or tried he said it was the funniest he had ever seen
Donny13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 10:15 PM   #18
S-3 Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton , San perlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Pic View Post
Plastic snakes and clear fishing line.
Take clear line and tie around plastic snake head, opposite side on door handle of door being opened. Place on passenger seat covered or whatever seat you can watch door get opened. When they pull door open snake will lunge towards them. Have your phone ready for pics
We put a real dead snake next to a cooler of beer with fishing line and when opened it the snake rose up head first, glad the guy didnít blow holes in my bison 75qt
S-3 Ranch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2021, 10:40 PM   #19
M.E.B.
Ten Point

We put a bunch of axis sheds near a guy’s feeder.

There were no axis within 200 miles.

He hunted all day for a couple of weekends.
M.E.B. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 06:19 AM   #20
Tony Pic
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Picarosas North and South, Kerrville, Mountain Home and Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
We put a real dead snake next to a cooler of beer with fishing line and when opened it the snake rose up head first, glad the guy didnít blow holes in my bison 75qt
It works!
Tony Pic is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 06:31 AM   #21
JayBay3405
Four Point

Hunt In: Barksdale, TX

Several years ago, my buddy told another guy on our lease that he saw a big buck over in his area. Then my buddy sent his girlfriend at the time, into the store to buy a girls magazine version of playboy ( but a real raunchy magazine) he took the centerfold out of the magazine, and taped it to the other guys feeder barrel. We pumped this guy up for a week that there was a big buck in his area. He was texting all of us at first light, and we were asking him if he saw the big buck yet. This guy was scanning everything with his Binos, and when it got light enough for him to make out what was on his feeder, he sent us all an explicit text. Pretty funny harmless prank.
JayBay3405 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 06:50 AM   #22
highspeed
Ten Point

Hunt In: The wilderness where the wild things are doing wild things.

One feller had an old alarm clock with the 2 bells on top and the clapper in between that he used to get up. These jokers took the bells off and superglued a rattlesnake tail to the clapper and set it to 3AM.

Another guy got wasted and passed out at 9 PM the night before opening morning. About 10:30 the other guys forward all the clocks to 6AM, put on all their camo, run into the drunkards room screaming and hollering for him to get up cause it’s time to go hunt. He falls around and gets dressed and they drop him off at his stand at 11PM and left him there.
highspeed is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 07:41 AM   #23
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Killing Stuff These Days

I know a guy that put a live chicken in a hunters brand new blind. When the hunter opened the door the next morning it ran / fluttered across the floor. He was sure it was a "CAT'" and opened fire. Six shots later he hit it and opened the door to find an exploded chicken's pieces all over his brand new shot to heck blind..................
Johnny Dangerr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 08:00 AM   #24
Mertzon Man
Pope & Young

Not so much as a prank but a stay off our property and no hunting. Guy put up a blind right on the fence line in a real wooded area of our lease. Your could see where he was baiting on our side. Put up a 4x8 sheet of plywood nailed between two trees and set a wind up alarm clock to go off at 7:00 am. He got the message and moved his blind.
Mertzon Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 08:07 AM   #25
Bro. Bill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country

[QUOTE=highspeed;15809349]One feller had an old alarm clock with the 2 bells on top and the clapper in between that he used to get up. These jokers took the bells off and superglued a rattlesnake tail to the clapper and set it to 3AM.

^^^ LOL classic
Bro. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 11:07 AM   #26
SwampRanger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Batson

We put a "blow up girl" in a members stand (to this day he hasn't said a word)....

Also some plastic snakes, rubber poop...all good stuff
SwampRanger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 11:15 AM   #27
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Best one I know of is a guy rigged on of those canister air horns you use at sporting events & what not to the underside of his buddies office chair...I cannot imagine what that would have been like trying to be quiet walking in, up the stand, slowly closing the door in the dark and finally settling in & then HOOONK!!
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 11:17 AM   #28
MAP
Ten Point

Hunt In: Live Oak, Jim Wells, Dimmit Counties

I taped a old wind up clock with bells on top to the bottom of a friends deer stand and had it go off at sunrise, I was sitting on the porch drinking coffee when he hauled azzz back up to the house alittle earlier than normal. I was laughing watching the dust cloud get closer

I filled a guys tailgate feeder with puffy cheetos, his feeder is a pain in the butt to unhook. We where giving each other a hard time about hunting a certain blind for a certain buck. I got the jump on him that morning

I put a friends number in the thrifty nickel offering "Free cabritos" after x amount of phone calls and hearing him cussing as soon as he simply heard his phone ring, I had to tell him

And they have all gotten me as well with different things
MAP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 01:35 PM   #29
S-3 Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton , San perlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampRanger View Post
We put a "blow up girl" in a members stand (to this day he hasn't said a word)....

Also some plastic snakes, rubber poop...all good stuff
Saw this some place
Attached Images

S-3 Ranch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 01:56 PM   #30
TxBowHntr
Eight Point

Hunt In: Lee, Bee, Nueces, Uvalde

Man, I am all for lease pranks, but I don't know about the ones that would ruin or at least jeopardize someone's hunt. The alarm clocks, air horns, screaming witches, etc... at someone's blind is over the line IMO. Why don't you just go walk around his stand/feeder at 7:30am while he is hunting? The best pranks are the ones that people can laugh at, not get ****** at. Hiding a deer decoy just inside the treeline, or the explicit photo on the feeder is funny, and doesn't mess up their hunt. Imagine spending all that time and $ and being all excited for what is to come, and have it all messed up by some jack-wagon because they think it is funny.
TxBowHntr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 02:09 PM   #31
Bucknaked
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca , Edwards & Gillespie counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by txchuck View Post
You just ainít right
Bucknaked is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 02:37 PM   #32
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tyler County

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBowHntr View Post
Man, I am all for lease pranks, but I don't know about the ones that would ruin or at least jeopardize someone's hunt. The alarm clocks, air horns, screaming witches, etc... at someone's blind is over the line IMO. Why don't you just go walk around his stand/feeder at 7:30am while he is hunting? The best pranks are the ones that people can laugh at, not get ****** at. Hiding a deer decoy just inside the treeline, or the explicit photo on the feeder is funny, and doesn't mess up their hunt. Imagine spending all that time and $ and being all excited for what is to come, and have it all messed up by some jack-wagon because they think it is funny.

Imagine hunting with people that take hunting so serious....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
curtintex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 03:10 PM   #33
MAP
Ten Point

Quote:
Quote:

100% the way I see it is its just a deer....the guys I prank have all killed big deer, and its just one morning or evening that a prank takes place. The laughs we get out of it last alot longer than a morning hunt would have. There are plenty of times when we are serious about killing a deer but there are also alot of times when we are getting burnt out on the long season and ready to have fun.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:39 PM   #34
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

Years ago we often had members bring their young kids out for the weekend. When it got dark I would sneak out and set a full body deer decoy in the tall grass about 50 yards away with reflective tacks on the eyes. Inevitably when sitting around the fire one of the kids would start shining a flashlight around into the dark woods and see it - “ look, a deer!” I’d tell the kid it wouldn’t move if they held the light in its eyes. I would start making a big show of sneaking up on the deer knife in hand. I would dive and tackle it into the grass and roll around with my feet then the decoys feet sticking up in the air hollering all the while. The kids reaction was priceless! Fooled some adult guests too

Last edited by jerp; 09-12-2021 at 03:41 PM.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 05:39 PM   #35
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier

I’m not a violent man, but I’d be whoopin someone’s arse if they did some of these suggestions to me. I spend too much time and money getting ready for the season to have even one day ruined by a prank.
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 05:59 PM   #36
deerwatcher51
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Richland Springs & Washington on the Brazos

I had a friend who had a friend of his (who had a reputation for being thrifty) that asked to borrow a sleeping bag to go on a hunt in Mexico because he didn’t want to buy one just for that. My friend told him sure, but before he gave it to the guy my friend took one of his son’s teddy bears and rolled it up on the outside of the sleeping bag. They get ready for bed in a bunkhouse, his friend unrolls the sleeping bag and out flys the teddy bear before about five other guys. It took the guy awhile to live that one down.
deerwatcher51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 06:31 PM   #37
Buckwheat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bosque County

Quote:
Years ago we often had members bring their young kids out for the weekend. When it got dark I would sneak out and set a full body deer decoy in the tall grass about 50 yards away with reflective tacks on the eyes. Inevitably when sitting around the fire one of the kids would start shining a flashlight around into the dark woods and see it - ď look, a deer!Ē Iíd tell the kid it wouldnít move if they held the light in its eyes. I would start making a big show of sneaking up on the deer knife in hand. I would dive and tackle it into the grass and roll around with my feet then the decoys feet sticking up in the air hollering all the while. The kids reaction was priceless! Fooled some adult guests too

This so awesome.

Buckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 06:35 PM   #38
Colton
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Iím not a violent man, but Iíd be whoopin someoneís arse if they did some of these suggestions to me. I spend too much time and money getting ready for the season to have even one day ruined by a prank.
Agreed
Colton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 07:08 PM   #39
Clint
Ten Point

Hunt In: Liberty Hill

We had a member years ago that complained that he wasnít seeing any deer. Another member told him that if he didnít smoke in the stand he might. Said member denied ever smoking I. The stand. The next weekend there was a smoke alarm on the ceiling of his blind painted black.

He never did admit to knowing what that screeching noise at daylight was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Clint is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 08:19 PM   #40
175gr7.62
Ten Point

Hunt In: Red River County,Harrison County, SW Kansas,

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post

TruthÖ

175gr7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2021, 09:04 PM   #41
Tx.Fisher
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerr, Gaines

Years ago, the last weekend of season after everyone had killed what they wanted, we were sitting around the campfire talking about pranks.

Long story short, the next afternoon my brother went streaking down the main road as everyone was heading to their blinds. Wearing nothing but his hunting boots for about 75 yards he weaved in and out of the road (like a jack rabbit he said), then hopped on a four wheeler and hauled *** down the road.
Tx.Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 12:18 PM   #42
FruitCityHunter
Four Point

Hunt In: Sutton County

Some of the members kids on the lease killed a racoon and had it laying under the skinning rack. While they were eating inside I tied some fishing line to it and ran it back to the campfire. After supper they were running around and every now and then they would go check on their kill. They made a round bent over to poke it with a stick and I jerked it slid about two feet. They screamed and hightailed to the the camp house. Their dads fell out their chairs laughing. We don't let those kids live it down either and they are grown adults now.
FruitCityHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #43
PapaSmurf
Four Point

Hunt In: Erath County

Quote:
Originally Posted by txchuck View Post
PapaSmurf is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 01:14 PM   #44
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX

Quote:

I agree 100%. We donít get that many days to hunt overall so every sit counts. Iíd be furious if someone ruined that over a prank. Thereís plenty stuff that can be done at camp thatís hilarious.

TXBRASS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 01:19 PM   #45
Big Lee
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCityHunter View Post
Some of the members kids on the lease killed a racoon and had it laying under the skinning rack. While they were eating inside I tied some fishing line to it and ran it back to the campfire. After supper they were running around and every now and then they would go check on their kill. They made a round bent over to poke it with a stick and I jerked it slid about two feet. They screamed and hightailed to the the camp house. Their dads fell out their chairs laughing. We don't let those kids live it down either and they are grown adults now.

This is great!!
Big Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 01:26 PM   #46
sharkhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In the woods

We had a problem with trespassers and a guy on our lease was really upset about it. So the weekend before work weekend I set his deer stand up like somebody was living in it. I even had a dog house and water and feed bowls beside it with an old stove and sleeping bag inside. He was so mad lol ! He was on his phone calling the sheriff when I stopped him. He was pretty ****** lol !
sharkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 01:43 PM   #47
lanceodom
Ten Point

Hunt In: LaSalle County

Years ago, I pulled a prank on one of my buddies at the lease. As payback, while I had my hunting jeep in town getting some work done on it and repainted. He called the paint shop and told them to paint it pink. At first they said they wouldn't but he said, he would pay and they could repaint it the right color when the joke was over, so they did it. This was my grandfather's jeep that he bought new in 1960 and I received when he passed away in 1981. I still have it. It was the best prank I've seen...
Attached Images

lanceodom is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 01:48 PM   #48
texan4ut
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can, Johnson Cty

There was a guy on our lease many years back that was always seeing things in the woods and was on guard all the time afraid some one was out there which there wasn't. One night I went out to to relieve my self and I hung a flash light in a tree and turned it on. I came running into the camps front door and said there somebody out there with a flash light. This guy grabbed his shot gun and cracked open the door at first he didn't see as it was kinda hidden, but the the wind blew a bit and it looked just like someone was walking with it. He yells hey you get out of here or I will shoot you. Of course the "intruder" didn't leave so he put three rounds of 12 GA #6's into that flash light and tore it up. We laughed for three days. He didn't see the humor in it at 1st.
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 01:56 PM   #49
MAP
Ten Point

Hey lance, did a family by the last name of Rivers own that ranch where that picture was taken?

For you guys who are to serious for jokes, I also dressed up as bigfoot and walked infront of a few trail cameras and/or stood at the back of feed pens to make people wonder what they where seeing. I also have thrown out a few big shed antlers in certain spots so certain people would find them, it kinda ticked me off though because those people never told me about the big new deer that was roaming the area
Old 09-13-2021, 02:14 PM   #50
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Iím not a violent man, but Iíd be whoopin someoneís arse
That doesn't compute
Duckologist is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top