2022 Colorado elk looking for partners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Colorado elk looking for partners

I'm planning to go back to Colorado in 2022 and I'm looking for a group. I have 5 points. I know that's mostly no man's land but it's time to burn em and start over. I'm open for archery or gun. If gun I'd like to try for first rifle. I'm not looking for an otc unit. If archery it would depend on when muzzleloader season starts and what unit we draw. I've climbed and backpacked the San Juan's and the Wemuniche (sp?).

I'll be nearly 64 at the time of this hunt. This can be a backpack hunt or a basecamp or a combination. Because of my age I plan to either hire a packer or rent stock (not horses unless a group member has experience with pack horses).

If the group has 4 - 7 points we could enter as a group. If not then we can see who makes the draw.

This would be a hard $ commitment (including me). If you commit and have to cancel for other than specified reasons the commitment $ would be forfeited to the remaining group. The commitment $ would be used for camping supplies and\or packers or stock with any leftovers going to the remaining group. Cancellation for reason or failure to draw would trigger a refund.

I'm open to ideas on how this is structured.

I love to hunt. I'm decent at it and have hunted elk twice before. I've passed on a bull because of horn damage and another bull and cow due to shot issues (too many elk around)

I'm not a big drinker but don't mind a beer now and then. But if your plan is to replicate your dear lease night before opening drunk, honestly, I'm not the partner for you. I have all my gear from my climbing days.

If you think your interested post up. We've got about 7 months to hash out the plan.

Also, I'm likely going whether a group goes or not. The only place I don't hunt alone is Mr griz's back yard.

I'm also contemplating a spring bear hunt (archery) possibly in Montana (definitely Mr Griz's back yard).

Sounds interesting, sending a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
      I'm planning to go back to Colorado in 2022 and I'm looking for a group. I have 5 points. I know that's mostly no man's land but it's time to burn em and start over. I'm open for archery or gun. If gun I'd like to try for first rifle. I'm not looking for an otc unit. If archery it would depend on when muzzleloader season starts and what unit we draw. I've climbed and backpacked the San Juan's and the Wemuniche (sp?).

I'll be nearly 64 at the time of this hunt. This can be a backpack hunt or a basecamp or a combination. Because of my age I plan to either hire a packer or rent stock (not horses unless a group member has experience with pack horses).

If the group has 4 - 7 points we could enter as a group. If not then we can see who makes the draw.

This would be a hard $ commitment (including me). If you commit and have to cancel for other than specified reasons the commitment $ would be forfeited to the remaining group. The commitment $ would be used for camping supplies and\or packers or stock with any leftovers going to the remaining group. Cancellation for reason or failure to draw would trigger a refund.

I'm open to ideas on how this is structured.

I love to hunt. I'm decent at it and have hunted elk twice before. I've passed on a bull because of horn damage and another bull and cow due to shot issues (too many elk around)

I'm not a big drinker but don't mind a beer now and then. But if your plan is to replicate your dear lease night before opening drunk, honestly, I'm not the partner for you. I have all my gear from my climbing days.

If you think your interested post up. We've got about 7 months to hash out the plan.

Also, I'm likely going whether a group goes or not. The only place I don't hunt alone is Mr griz's back yard.

I'm also contemplating a spring bear hunt (archery) possibly in Montana (definitely Mr Griz's back yard).
      This is the best written elk partner search I have read. There are some good hunts to be had in CO for five points.

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
          This is the best written elk partner search I have read. There are some good hunts to be had in CO for five points.
          Thanks. Once you get burned on a 2k charter fishing trip you tend to wise up. For me it took a couple but I'm dummer then your average bear.

The spring bear hunt would be 2023.

Comment

PMs responded to.

Comment

I’m about in the same boat as you. In no mans land on points….can’t remember exactly but possibly even a couple more points than you have. What areas are you considering? You can PM me…..I’m interested

Comment

Working...
              X