3Rivers Dyna Puffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3Rivers Dyna Puffs

Got some Dyna Puffs. They come 4 to a package and weigh 18gr each. I carefully removed the Bob Lee supplied EW Bateman yarn puffs, which weighed 35 to 36 grains each. Twice the weight of the Dyna Puffs.

Installed one Dyna Puffs on each end at same location as the original yarn puffs. I did this mostly just to try them out and hopefully find a good wet weather silencer.

Using the same arrows, the arrow is a tad faster but striking the shelf as it passes. I'd say that being lighter, the string is moving faster, and the dynamic spine of the bow is now higher. A bit more twang in the string, but not much.

I see two options to make this work better. Add another Dyna Puff on each end to have the same silencer weight as with yarn puffs, or add more tip weight (replace 19 gr insert with a 50 gr insert) to the arrow to make it a weaker spine, more FOC, and heavier arrow for more GPP and momentum.

I'm tempted to just add another Dyna Puff so that the "yarn puff" and "dyna puff" strings are the same weight and thus interchangeable with the same arrows.

Thoughts?

The loss of weight would make your arrow weaker... not stiffer. What do your bareshafts do?

Comment

If the dynamic spine of the bow is now higher, then adding point weight will not work as you would need a stiffer arrow to accommodate that, not a weaker one.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Adjustment should be minor. Probably a small adjustment in brace height will fix it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Adjustment should be minor. Probably a small adjustment in brace height will fix it.

I would say possibly instead of probably, but this is a definite fix to try.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
            The loss of weight would make your arrow weaker... not stiffer. What do your bareshafts do?
            Got too dark to shoot anymore last night. Bares shafts coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              If the dynamic spine of the bow is now higher, then adding point weight will not work as you would need a stiffer arrow to accommodate that, not a weaker one.

Bisch

Hate to admit it, but you're RIGHT!

Comment

you can increase your brace height and/or adjust your nock point location

Comment

So I've had all day the think on this. Should have been focused on work, but in the back of my mind.......it just sat there working on me.

Can removing as little as 36 gr total from the puffs make that much difference, especially when that weight is at the strings 1/4 points? Is that like going from a 16 strand to 14 strand string?

Comment

It might; it might not. I would think it would depend on how close to the edge you were in your tuning to start with. If it was noticeably louder, that would be the end for me. It would bug me till I ent back to what was quieter. But that’s just me!

Bisch

Comment

I agree. Quiet is where it's at.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                        Hate to admit it, but you're RIGHT!
                        You can't go wrong listening to Bisch.

Comment

The Dyna-Puffs work well enough. But they are a tad expensive for you get, and they are grey. I'm not huge on aesthetics, but it's just ugly on my bow. Got to try something else.

Comment

Daniel puts some very effective ones that last the life of the string on mine. But the hush puppies are as good as anything I've used.

Comment

What bow is it that you are shooting? It sounds rather finicky to me. Put two more of those puffs in and your bow should be back to normal. Or put a little lighter tip on the arrow. Increasing brace height makes sense. The advice to change nock height is puzzling. If you are getting a bump on the shelf, yes. A bump on the strike plate, no.

Comment

Working...
                              X