Polaris Ranger 150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris Ranger 150?

Thinking that Santa might drop off a side by side for the boys this year. Do any of you dads have any experience with this model? That being asked, any models?

They are 5 and 3..... the 5yr old is way mature for his age and already rides a rancher 350. It’s just to big and still unsafe for him. He just putts it around the yard some. I want something they can follow mom and dad around at the lease and land. Tired of buying those cheap battery operated crap that don’t last!!

Years ago my dad bought the boys a Razor. I just can’t remember if it was a 150 or 250. Easily governed and low to the ground and I felt much safer because they were strapped in with a low center of gravity. They had a blast with it for years until they outgrew it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have one. It's a decent machine for what it is. What questions do you have?

Comment

My grandkids have one. They are great for small kids to ride.

Comment

I just ordered one for my girl, she’s almost 6. I couldn’t find one in stock anywhere, and the guy at the Polaris place told me 6-8 weeks on delivery, so if Santa’s bringing one he may want to go ahead and get an order put in. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            I just ordered one for my girl, she’s almost 6. I couldn’t find one in stock anywhere, and the guy at the Polaris place told me 6-8 weeks on delivery, so if Santa’s bringing one he may want to go ahead and get an order put in. Lol
            Thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
              We have one. It's a decent machine for what it is. What questions do you have?
              Really my question is, is it worth the money for them to have something they can grow with? Also, any upgrades like lift or tires. Other accessories would be nice also

Comment

Originally posted by Statton48 View Post
                Really my question is, is it worth the money for them to have something they can grow with? Also, any upgrades like lift or tires. Other accessories would be nice also
                I haven't explored the accessories market other than a factory roof. After my wife put it on its side in our front yard within the first week of having it, I wasn't that interested in raising the CoG with a lift.

Comment

FWIW, dont buy one. we have bought 2 brand new, a 2018 and a 2020, and both have been nothing but a headache.

the 2018 had the engine rebuilt 2 times due to some oil delivery issues, several suspension noise issues and literally spent more time in the shop then we had it at our house. after the 2nd engine rebuild, and like 3 months in the shop, they called and said it blew the engine again while they test drove it, so due to financing it as a present for my boys, we traded it in for the 2020, which is currently in the shop. polaris did step up with a $1500 trade in voucher as well as give is an extended warranty on the new one for free.

on the 2020, we have had to disconnect the emergency brake because the sensor was bad and it wouldnt allow the engine to start, not a big deal. but the display lights would randomly flash while it was sitting in the garage which lead to a dead battery, and the drive belt was slipping, which also happened on the 2018.

just got a call that they cant warranty the $99 battery (cant find anything that would be draining it) or the $87 drive belt, because it is a normal wear and tear item. so my bill is $497 with all the labor to fix it. but they were able to warranty the emergency brake sensor and handle.

it is currently being appraised, which polaris actually sent me an offer for it 2 weeks ago, and as long as the numbers are in line with what they told me, we will be giving it back to polaris, and at the risk of sounding like my dad, i will never own a polaris product again.

just buy them something that says honda on the side of it and be done.

Comment

also, the 2018 had 27 hours on it when we traded it in. i cant remember the exact numbers on the 2020 but its definitely less than 50hrs, and i think maybe even less than 40.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      also, the 2018 had 27 hours on it when we traded it in. i cant remember the exact numbers on the 2020 but its definitely less than 50hrs, and i think maybe even less than 40.
                      I bought my grandkids a little razor 7 or 8 years ago and they drove the wheels off it. smashed into about everything on the farm. It was beat up when I sold it but still ran like a top

Comment

Go-Karts are fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                          I bought my grandkids a little razor 7 or 8 years ago and they drove the wheels off it. smashed into about everything on the farm. It was beat up when I sold it but still ran like a top
                          i get it, a buddy of ours has a ranger 150 thats been beat to heck in west texas for 5 or 6 years and even rolled off their trailer going down the hwy and flipped. they flipped it over and it started right up and they havent had an issue with it since they bought it. its crazy but our 2 have been nothing but problem after problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X