X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search all posts with my name and keyword Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      I can't find any thread that you posted getting bashed on your TN mount.
      Link above

Comment

Based on lack of communication, I'm hoping for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
          Based on lack of communication, I'm hoping for the best.
          Well seeing your mounts in the other post, the bar hasn’t been set very high lol.

Comment

Sheesh you're right. Those $275 Tennessee mounts are rough. Hopefully when you get your sons mount back you will be blown away with the quality. Till then, just keep waiting.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

After being battered about how ****ty my mounts from TN look, I bit the bullet last year and paid the stupid amount of money for a local taxi to do my son's first deer.

I called after 8 months and they couldn't tell me where it was in the process. I said you're joking? Nope, no clue if it was at the tannery or in transit. 9 months, 10, 11, 12, 13,....blah blah.

Finally last month I get a text message asking if I had pictures of the deer. I replied with 15 photos. The next day a phone call asking about mount and direction. I said, this info has been relayed at least 5 times and WRITTEN on my original order form.

Tell you what, from now on I'll drive the deer to Tennessee and pay 1/2 price for a 3 month timeline even if it doesn't meet Texas standards. Rant off.
              Sounds like you may have shopped purely on price and received bad quality service. I’m shocked.

Comment

Daaaang... that WAS quite the razzing you took!

Back to the topic at hand, I think you're probably just running into the Covid backlog with your Taxi. Sounds like he's double checking a bunch of things because he's crazy busy. Good luck, I don't think you need to panic. Dare I say it? Report back with pics!

Comment

Unfortunately it seems that many taxidermists take in way more than they can handle and they know it. I waited over two years for an axis once from a local taxidermist. My cousin does taxidermy as well and he only takes repeat customers and cuts it off once he has all he can do for that year so he does not go into the next season. I hunt in Mexico now and it only takes a few months and is a little cheaper than here for top quality work.

Comment

Buckshot Taxi in the Harlingen, paid in full, paid extra to be moved to the front of the line, mounting shed horns, he never did the work, over a year And 900.00. I bad mouth him where ever I go, but I never met him. He was recommended by Roland

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
                      Sounds like you may have shopped purely on price and received bad quality service. I’m shocked.
                      Well, that is probably the case because this middleclass guy has a hard time letting go of $700. Don't worry, I wont make that mistake again.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                        Daaaang... that WAS quite the razzing you took!

Back to the topic at hand, I think you're probably just running into the Covid backlog with your Taxi. Sounds like he's double checking a bunch of things because he's crazy busy. Good luck, I don't think you need to panic. Dare I say it? Report back with pics!
                        I get the Covid stuff, but not returning phone calls and not knowing where product is in the process, that's bad business.

If there are issues, man up and say hey, we are behind, the tanners are behind and it's going to take extra time. Any communication is better than no communication.

The initial hope was to get it and give to him by Christmas. Then his birthday in February. Guess we are back to Christmas. If it wasn't my son's 1st deer I wouldn't be so erked about it.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          Well seeing your mounts in the other post, the bar hasn’t been set very high lol.
                          Thanks deer

Comment

Well, that is probably the case because this middleclass guy has a hard time letting go of $700. Don't worry, I wont make that mistake again.

Did you pay in full up front?

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                              Buckshot Taxi in the Harlingen, paid in full, paid extra to be moved to the front of the line, mounting shed horns, he never did the work, over a year And 900.00. I bad mouth him where ever I go, but I never met him. He was recommended by Roland
                              After seeing several of those posts it makes my belly roll.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                                Did you pay in full up front?
                                No, $350 up front. If I ever get to pick it up we will discuss the amount due.

Comment

Working...
                                X