archery elk hunters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

archery elk hunters...

im looking at getting a montana elk decoy for an upcoming hunt and am looking at recommendations from anyone with experience using them. looking at the Eichler(quartering to pose), back country(rump), miss september(quartering away feeding pose) and the RMEF(broadside looking back pose). im considering its value if we have to hide behind it to travel across more open ground to get in front of them if that situation comes up as well as obviously calling one in.

I dont like hiding behind a decoy....you just never know who is in the woods with you legal or illegal.
    I use the Eichler, but I think any of them will work for you in the right situation

Comment

They work..how well depends on the bull and how rutted up he is at the time.

Comment

I owned one for a while. Never did find good spots to use it much when we had it. But if you need to cover open ground without getting busted, I think they're fantastic.

Comment

I'd get the rump and another of the cow decoys.
          They pop up and down very easy so you can move in wind.
          The bow mounted elk decoys work well too, however you may find the elk staring right at you with one of those.
          Pop your decoy up then get in front it several yards, the elk should be focused on the decoy past you.

Comment

Working...
          X