Spypoint Link-Micro issues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spypoint Link-Micro issues....

I've got one and have been trying to update the firmware version. The camera does exactly what it's supposed to when the SD card is inserted, but the app still shows the old version.

I've tried it twice and customer support tried to update it remotely on Saturday, but it still show the old version.

Anyone else have this issue and how did you resolve it?

I had 3 do exact same thing. They even replaced one. then after a month it did it again. They all 3 are on junk pile. They would work for a month, then when you swapped batteries or replaced the 12volt solar setup would die, then turn it back on it would get same prob. There only response is update the firmware. Crap cameras. The other thing that sucks is they are only texting cams. So if you dont pay for the texting part, they do not function as a trail cam. So it is all or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
      I've got one and have been trying to update the firmware version. The camera does exactly what it's supposed to when the SD card is inserted, but the app still shows the old version.

I've tried it twice and customer support tried to update it remotely on Saturday, but it still show the old version.

I am having the same issue with one of mine. haven't had time to call customer service yet.

Comment

Stay on their customer service, they finally fixed mine and has been working fine since.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
          Stay on their customer service, they finally fixed mine and has been working fine since.

Rwc
          I'm on the chat feature with them now. She's working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
            I had 3 do exact same thing. They even replaced one. then after a month it did it again. They all 3 are on junk pile. They would work for a month, then when you swapped batteries or replaced the 12volt solar setup would die, then turn it back on it would get same prob. There only response is update the firmware. Crap cameras. The other thing that sucks is they are only texting cams. So if you dont pay for the texting part, they do not function as a trail cam. So it is all or nothing.
            It still works. It just wouldn't download the firmware update. She's going to send me a replacement.

Comment

It still works. It just wouldn't download the firmware update. She's going to send me a replacement.
              Mine keeps saying I have an invalid SD card. Please use an SD or SDHC card type. That is whats in it. Going hit Spypoint up later. As far as crap cameras I have 4 of them and they all have been great. This is the only one that has acted up.

Comment

I've got the same problem. Need to get on chat again work it out. Had no problems until the battery died then this one surfaced. Overall under-impressed with the unit. We'll see how customer service is.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                  Mine still takes pics they just go to the SD card not to the cloud. Can still pull the card and see them

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                    I've got the same problem. Need to get on chat again work it out. Had no problems until the battery died then this one surfaced. Overall under-impressed with the unit. We'll see how customer service is.
                    I guess she finally gave up. I tried to manually upload the update on Friday and the camera worked like it was supposed to but the app still showed the old version. I had customer service try again on Saturday and still didn't work. I tried the manual method again this morning. When it didn't work I hit the chat feature and she went through some things before she decided I needed a new one.

Comment

Have 3 of them all are junk. First one lasted just long enough so that we bought 2 more and constantly have issues.

Comment

I have two. Bought them before the built in solar panel version. Mine go through the lithium batteries within a month even with solar panel back up. I don't understand why the solar doesn't help them last longer.

Has anyone had better luck with the new ones w/solar panel built in?

Comment

Originally posted by AM Cloutier View Post
                          I have two. Bought them before the built in solar panel version. Mine go through the lithium batteries within a month even with solar panel back up. I don't understand why the solar doesn't help them last longer.

Has anyone had better luck with the new ones w/solar panel built in?
                          I just use Amazon basics alkaline batteries and a HME solar battery box. Batteries last forever. You do need to trim the black plug a bit to get the cord to plug all of the way in. The HME battery box is around $55.00

Comment

I have the one with lithium ion battery & solar panel, it's been working like a champ although the pics are not as clear as I'd like. Now It has just stopped working. Battery still shows 51% & 90% service.... Any thoughts ???

Comment

I resolved all my Spypoint issues by throwing them in the burn pile and replacing them with Tactacams.

Comment

Working...
                              X