Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be one of the better rifle openers ever??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could this be one of the better rifle openers ever??

Seems to me like this could be one of the better rifle openers that we have ever had. It’s setting up to be really good. Cold front moving in tonight, dark moon, and lots of cruising bucks showing up on trail cams. I’ve seen a ton of deer hit on the highway in the last few days too.

I have two real nice bucks I’m chasing. Hope one of them slips up so I can run a arrow through them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine this weekend will be quite loud around my place. And we do not rifle hunt deer. The neighbors.... oh gosh, the neighbors....

Comment

Yes! I think it's going to be a really good one and some giants are going to hit the dirt!

Comment

I hope so...my wife decided that she wanted to hunt Saturday morning, I would love for a mature buck to come cruising the field looking for a hot doe my wife has never shot a buck, she’s due so I’m crossing my fingers and praying that this is the year

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          I imagine this weekend will be quite loud around my place. And we do not rifle hunt deer. The neighbors.... oh gosh, the neighbors....
          Same here. Not a fan of rifle hunting. But good luck to you. Different strokes different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post

My grandpa is the only one on our place who rifles hunts. The rest of us just bow hunt all year. However since he rifle hunts this weekend is usually when we start making more frequent trips to his place. And yep the neighbors around us seem to shoot a lot of stuff lol.

Comment

Yes it will be! Cant wait to get in the woods and it feel like a Christmas hunt. (weather wise)

Comment

Great weather for sure. We seem to have temperature, cloud cover, barometric pressure and wind of our side. I am really looking forward to it. Oughta be a great year for a lot of folks.

Comment

Barometric pressure, at least where I'm at, looks to be spiking around 10 am Saturday morning as well so that will hopefully help too.

Comment

It’ll be a great weekend. Looking forward to it, hasn’t been this cold/good conditions in quite a few years if memory serves me correctly. I’ll have my bow and rifle with me this weekend. If the buck I have 3 years of history with doesn’t wanna come in, I’ll sling some lead at him

Comment

Bucks are moving and doe aren’t quite ready but action is good! Should be a great general opener.

Comment

The selfish side of me hopes not. I’m stuck working this weekend and will miss it

Comment

You gotta skip opening rifle to be at the bars. All these guys leave their wives at home https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=747874

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                            Seems to me like this could be one of the better rifle openers that we have ever had. It’s setting up to be really good. Cold front moving in tonight, dark moon, and lots of cruising bucks showing up on trail cams. I’ve seen a ton of deer hit on the highway in the last few days too.

I have two real nice bucks I’m chasing. Hope one of them slips up so I can run a arrow through them.

I agree this is setting up to be a good one! Ive got more bucks on camera than I ever have this time of year! I will have my 14 yr old daughter with me this weekend and we are hoping she gets her first buck.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope its not. I have a buck I'm still after and I don't want him popped by the neighbors

Comment

Working...
                              X