Finished new elevated dog kennel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished new elevated dog kennel

I have 2 Lacy’s and can’t keep one of them in a regular kennel to save my life. Decided to build an elevated one and might have finally succeeded in keeping him contained. Anyone else done anything similar??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Here's mine

I'd ditch those metal barrels for some plastic barrels.

Comment

How do they stay cool when it's 100+ degrees?

Comment

Originally posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
        How do they stay cool when it's 100+ degrees?
        They don't call'em Burn Barrels for nothin.....

Comment

They only get in there at night.

Comment

That looks like a nice build

Are the barrels lined or insulated for winter time?

Comment

Not yet. Still have some thinking to do on several small ideas.

Comment

My spoiled lacy loves all the freedom he can get. It can be a challenge just keeping him in a fenced yard. I have spent a lot of money dog proofing my fence line to keep him from digging out. But, he is my buddy and I just keep doing what I have to do to keep him safe.

Comment

Seriously, ditch the burn barrels and hang some plastic ones on there.
                  I get Plastic barrels for $7 each. I'll even give you a couple.
                  Can't think of 1 reason to use a Steel Barrel for a dog house.

Also, that tin roof is going to Radiate heat being so low. Taller roof helps avoid this. Or insulate the bottom of the tin with some thin plywood.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post

Also, that tin roof is going to Radiate heat being so low. Taller roof helps avoid this. Or insulate the bottom of the tin with some thin plywood.
                    Could also use Cool Seal on the roof, it makes a big difference on temp.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. I love the design and the runners on it. That means you can move it easily, right? So either build a secondary cover or move it under a car port or something similar. When I raised rabbits, we had a covered kennel and the roof was 8' up. Then my rabbit hutches were under that. I'd swear it was another 10 degrees cooler under those hutches.

I really do like the design.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        I was thinking the same thing. I love the design and the runners on it. That means you can move it easily, right? So either build a secondary cover or move it under a car port or something similar. When I raised rabbits, we had a covered kennel and the roof was 8' up. Then my rabbit hutches were under that. I'd swear it was another 10 degrees cooler under those hutches.

I really do like the design.
                        Yeah. Look at the link i posted in post #2

Comment

Mine will have plastic barrels tore up in a week.

Comment

Yeah. Look at the link i posted in post #2

Yep, your build is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              That looks like a nice build

Are the barrels lined or insulated for winter time?

Throw some hay in there in winter months and they’ll stay warm

Comment

Working...
                              X