2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonamehoff View Post
    I was thinking about hunting LBJ next year and I am curious if there are designated parking spots, or if its a "just park off the road and walk in" kinda thing.

Im looking at onX and having trouble figuring this location out.

Park next to gate, but don’t block it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
      Park next to gate, but don’t block it

Gotcha. Are we allowed to drive on the FS roads?

Comment

Gotcha. Are we allowed to drive on the FS roads?

The gates will be open to units that have drivable roads. Be careful where you park in those areas

Comment

The gates will be open to units that have drivable roads. Be careful where you park in those areas

Why be careful? Just to not block the road for the FS?

Do you know if its legal to ride a bicycle on the units?

Comment

You’re not supposed to park off the road in grass, but...

As for bikes, I ride one with no issues

Comment

You’re not supposed to park off the road in grass, but...

As for bikes, I ride one with no issues

Rad! Thanks for the info!

Comment

Well, someone got something this morning. I walked past sled marks on the way out for lunch, and they lost a liver along the way.

I was in so early, and so far back, they got in, killed it, dressed it, and were gone before I got back out.

Comment

I was thinking about hunting LBJ next year and I am curious if there are designated parking spots, or if its a "just park off the road and walk in" kinda thing.

Im looking at onX and having trouble figuring this location out.
                  Call the office to be 100%. I did and they told me park anywhere you want along the LBJ fences. Climb over the fence if you want. Park at a gate if you want. Most gates have very big DO NOT BLOCK GATE sings. Some don't. I've brought my bike and it's been a huge time saver. God luck.

Comment

You can park along any LBJ fence line and cross the fence to enter. Just be sure to park off the road on the same side of an LBJ fence line. Do not park along a private fence line.

Comment

Sitting in the stand now. Haven’t seen much but have seen plenty of fresh tracks since the rain. Hopefully something will get up and walk by before dark.

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                        Call the office to be 100%. I did and they told me park anywhere you want along the LBJ fences. Climb over the fence if you want. Park at a gate if you want. Most gates have very big DO NOT BLOCK GATE sings. Some don't. I've brought my bike and it's been a huge time saver. God luck.

That’s good to know

Comment

Saw the soul train @ 3:15PM today. A large doe, a yearling and a 1 or 2 year old all flowing each other in a line about 100 yards off.

I found a 3 huge white oaks dropping a lot of acorns and not a single track around it. What’s the deal? Is there just too many acorns out there? I figured they would be all over it. I saw tip about 20 yards away from the big oak and ddI not see anything after the soul train went by

Comment

Still a lot of acorns out there. Something will get around to them eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
                              Saw the soul train @ 3:15PM today. A large doe, a yearling and a 1 or 2 year old all flowing each other in a line about 100 yards off.

I found a 3 huge white oaks dropping a lot of acorns and not a single track around it. What’s the deal? Is there just too many acorns out there? I figured they would be all over it. I saw tip about 20 yards away from the big oak and ddI not see anything after the soul train went by

I have found acorns all over. Between that and how much water and other food is currently available they are not having to move much. The full moon doesn't help either. They will get to them eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                                I have found acorns all over. Between that and how much water and other food is currently available they are not having to move much. The full moon doesn't help either. They will get to them eventually.
                                Learn me on the full moon thing please. Is the theory deer will feed more at night because they see more from the moonlight and stay laid up longer during the day?

Comment

Working...
                                X