Live: Chaparral Nov 29-Dec 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live: Chaparral Nov 29-Dec 2

Figured I would start this thread now. A lot of time and effort have been spent on this hunt already, preparing and doing our homework. This is a 20+ years in the making adventure for our group. After getting drawn for Powderhorn last season and having once in a lifetime experience, this is the LAST thing we expected. All glory to God on that. Dad (HCtracker), Brady (arrowsonly88) and myself will be headed to south Texas to chase brush country monsters on the Monday following Thanksgiving weekend. It's been a while since I've been in the Golden Triangle and I CAN NOT wait!
    Last edited by Jzoch; 11-21-2022, 08:13 AM.

Tuned in. Best of luck to y’all.

Comment

Went there on a Javelina hunt in February years ago. Spent almost as much time looking for arrowheads as hunting. Great place! Good luck

Comment

Following along! Gonna be there for youth hunt in a month. Will take any/all info y'all can provide.

Comment

Congrats to y’all for the opportunity. I hope y’all make the best of it.

Comment

Good luck. Following

Comment

Good luck! Hopefully one day I can punch my ticket for this place too

Comment

Don't be surprised if you see a warthog, they are spreading throughout that area. I saw a huge one just west of there a couple years ago, My BIL said they have them on trail cameras around Catarina.
                Good Luck

Comment

Good luck on the hunt. My son and I just got back from their last youth doe hunt. He shot a doe early Saturday afternoon so we didn't have to hunt our compartment real hard but did see a 15"+ 8 pt. We were in the far SE corner of the place. FYI, the senderas haven't been shredded so its pretty grown up.

Comment

Thanks fellas!! We will be hunting compartment #10/ West Blocker. Looks like there’s plenty of browse with all the rain they’ve gotten. Weather looks decent with the “cold” snap coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                      Thanks fellas!! We will be hunting compartment #10/ West Blocker. Looks like there’s plenty of browse with all the rain they’ve gotten. Weather looks decent with the “cold” snap coming in.

Did they assign your unit or did y'all get any requests?

Comment

Getting ready to roll! Its been many years since I have quail hunted quite of bit down there. Excited to go back especially for whitetail.

Comment

I’ll be following closely

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                            Did they assign your unit or did y'all get any requests?

We put in our top 3 requests. We got our #1 pick.

Comment

Good luck. Get yourself an old bruiser.

Comment

Working...
                              X