Which scope would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between a Bushnell Engage,Bushnell Nitro or Cabela's Covenant 7? I have a choice of 1 of the 3 and I can't decide which one I want to get.

I have a Nitro 6-24x50 and really like it. Tracks like It should. I have used the turrets and the reticle to ring out to 600 so far. Have owned for several yrs.

I like it so much I’m going to put another with a lower magnification on a 270.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
      I have a Nitro 6-24x50 and really like it. Tracks like It should. I have used the turrets and the reticle to ring out to 600 so far. Have owned for several yrs.

I like it so much I’m going to put another with a lower magnification on a 270.

Is that reticle hard to get used to? From the videos and stuff I've seen looking through it, it seems like really thin crosshairs that would be hard to pick up. It may not be that bad in person.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        Is that reticle hard to get used to? From the videos and stuff I've seen looking through it, it seems like really thin crosshairs that would be hard to pick up. It may not be that bad in person.

So on lower powers in low light it is. That’s one problem that I find with First Focal Plan scopes.
        Is when i zoom out the reticle gets smaller and harder for me to see.

Last edited by Buckwheat; 02-08-2023, 06:00 PM.

Comment

I wondered about that but that's the scope I'm leaning towards. That Cabela's Covenant 7 seems like a pretty nice scope but that dadgum tube is 34mm on it. It's an oddball size.

What made me ask is that Bushnell Nitro will see some coyote action at night with a kill light attached to it. I just figured that reticle could cause me some grief at night if I zoomed the scope out to a lower power like you were saying.

Then again I could use it strictly as a daytime scope and it'd probably never bother me any.
          Last edited by okrattler; 02-08-2023, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Nitro if for no other reason it's the most expensive of the 3.

Comment

I don't have anything Bushnell but I have a pair of Cabela's binos that are great.

Comment

I went ahead and got the Nitro. Be watching the classifieds after I get it. If I don't like that son of a gun one of y'all might want to sport it around on one of your rifles.

Comment

Cabelas scope has worked well for my friend and he keeps his rifle in the trunk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    I went ahead and got the Nitro. Be watching the classifieds after I get it. If I don't like that son of a gun one of y'all might want to sport it around on one of your rifles.
                    Good luck with it.

On the other hand, I bought an Engage a year ago, haven't used it much but it is very clear glass, focus is very smooth and sharp. The only thing I don't care for is the reticle. I like the style of it but the crosshairs are very thin, not sure why they did that. Is a great scope otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                      Good luck with it.

On the other hand, I bought an Engage a year ago, haven't used it much but it is very clear glass, focus is very smooth and sharp. The only thing I don't care for is the reticle. I like the style of it but the crosshairs are very thin, not sure why they did that. Is a great scope otherwise.
                      My best guess is probably precision shooting. I'm used to the thicker crosshairs myself but I have noticed at even 100 yards some of them can cover up a quarter sized circle. I don't imagine this scope will be like that. Should be able to shoot some pretty tight groups with that sucker.

Comment

I'm planning on putting this scope on a 6mm ARC after I decide what kind of upper I want to get. I get good ideas and it takes me forever to make a final decision on things and by then I have ten million other projects going. That's why I try not to surf the internet or go into gun shops or nothin. I could go broke just buying crap pretty easy. I ain't got no business lookin at dadgum guns or knives or scopes or none of that. I already have 3 gun builds in the making and one gun I didn't need in the first place. I ain't got a lick of sense.
                        Last edited by okrattler; 02-10-2023, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Got my scope in today. Really seems like a pretty nice scope. Sure comes in a big fancy box. Now I just need a rifle to put it on.

Comment

i have a nitro with duplex and i cant say anything bad about it .

Comment

I've owned a Bushnell range finder for about 23 years.
                              Cheap & good.

Comment

Working...
                              X