Live: Chaparral Nov 29-Dec 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
    Don't be surprised if you see a warthog, they are spreading throughout that area. I saw a huge one just west of there a couple years ago, My BIL said they have them on trail cameras around Catarina.
    Good Luck

That would be as cool as a trophy buck in my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be down the road from you a short ways in Catarina helping my son in law cull deer that weekend.

The warthogs are there. I was talking to him on the phone last week when I heard him say "What the H E L L is that?" He glassed it and it was a big old warthog running down the road in front of him. He tried to get a shot at it but it disappeared into the brush.

Comment

I believe the warthogs came from the Brittingham ranch that borders Chap on the west. I think Sika on here works there.

Comment

Almost packed up! We are loaded down but I’d rather have something and not use it than to need it and not have it. Going to shoot our bows one last time this evening and then headed south tomorrow!

Comment

I have the same tripod. If you pull the bolt in the leg with the steps, it folds down nicely.

Also, looks like you have a dog crate. I don't think dogs are allowed, unless you have prior arrangements with them.

Comment

Love The Chap!!! I’ll be following along.

Comment

Good luck! I'll be following.

Comment

Good luck to y’all. Will be following this thread

Comment

I'll follow along! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                      I have the same tripod. If you pull the bolt in the leg with the steps, it folds down nicely.

Also, looks like you have a dog crate. I don't think dogs are allowed, unless you have prior arrangements with them.

Thanks for the tip! Yes sir, we have prior arrangements with Whitney. We track all over Texas. We offered to let our dog track for other hunter on the hunt as well.

Comment

Tuned in! Ready for the show!

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                          Thanks for the tip! Yes sir, we have prior arrangements with Whitney. We track all over Texas. We offered to let our dog track for other hunter on the hunt as well.

good deal. Good luck down there.

Comment

Best of luck to y’all. Was down there last year and it was hot hot hot hot. Looked at weather and the high for this Tuesday was our lows. Y’all should have a much better hunt than we did.

I’m tuned in and will be following

Comment

I'll be there too. Leaving tomorrow as well. I'll be. Ampang in the primitive camping area. I hunted here 8 years ago. Glad to be going back.

Comment

I'll be "camping" ..........

Comment

Working...
                                X