This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    I remember when the Alamo Bowl was a letdown for Texas fans. I'd be thrilled this year.

Let's go Horns.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    The Alamo Bowl has risen the ranks in regards to its placement for the Big 12. It is the highest rated non-NY6 bowl in the Big 12.

It would probably be a matchup vs Top 10-15 ranked Washington team from the Pac 12.

Comment

football is dumb....I'm goin huntin

ac

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        Geaux Tigers!!!! On to probably the toughest game of the season. Ags always get up for the Tigers, Kyle Field, sympathetic refs, yeah, its gonna be a good one.

Geaux Tigers!!!
        We need to bring our own officiating crew. We have a lot riding on this one.
        [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed to Lubbock to watch the Red Raiders not lose against OU on Saturday.

Wreck'em!

Comment

Mudhole coming for the Ags! No excuses, they are BAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I'm still trying to figure out how TCU got the FG unit on the field with 16 seconds and booted a game winner... Sure was fun watching those bears fans cry under the toilet seat though.

Happy Thanksgiving to EVERYONE! Travel safe, and enjoy time with your peeps, who/where ever your peeps are.
              Every Thursday of my time as a player or coach, we finished our Thursday “play the game” segment with this exact fire drill. Depending on the kids and level of ability, there is a coordinated coach knowing exactly how much time you have. It varied from 11 seconds (that was in college) to 18 seconds (a HS team I coached). Didn’t have to utilize it but maybe 3-4 times in over 40 years and it actually only worked twice!!! Lol Everything has to go perfect when you are cutting it close on time like the Frogs did it was a thing of beauty.

Comment

Congrats to LSU on the win this week. I’m ready for the off-season to see what the fallout is for the Aggies. Goodluck to those still in the hunt for something meaningful this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2022 College Football Week 13

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                  Every Thursday of my time as a player or coach, we finished our Thursday “play the game” segment with this exact fire drill. Depending on the kids and level of ability, there is a coordinated coach knowing exactly how much time you have. It varied from 11 seconds (that was in college) to 18 seconds (a HS team I coached). Didn’t have to utilize it but maybe 3-4 times in over 40 years and it actually only worked twice!!! Lol Everything has to go perfect when you are cutting it close on time like the Frogs did it was a thing of beauty.

Sonny said the same thing, they work on it every Thursday. The coolest part was the kicker didn’t even step off his lead, just lined up and put the boots to it!

I figured it was probably a point his dad focused on, because it seems like a throwback type play now.
                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                    What gets me is it didn't have to be that way. They made it way harder than what it could have been, but style points matter and they got them.

Comment

Why did they even let it get to that though? Had they missed it would have been the worst coaching call in history.

Comment

College Game Day and Fox big Noon Kickoff will both be at the Shoe Saturday for the Game of the Year…..
                        Give the points ……

Go Bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          What gets me is it didn't have to be that way. They made it way harder than what it could have been, but style points matter and they got them.
                          Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Why did they even let it get to that though? Had they missed it would have been the worst coaching call in history.

I agree, I was screaming at the TV "WHY WOULD YOU RUN THE BALL??" Sonny said his kicker liked it in a certain spot...wild.

Comment

If you travel be safe. I’ll be down in the RGV soaking up some family time with my 87 year old parents setting the pace.

Musings…

It’s been an interesting year. At one point Texas fans thought they had a rockstar at Quarterback only to quickly discover that there’s more to playing the QB position than a great release point and a chill demeanor.

Not sure what to make of the goings on in Aggieland but they will get it sorted out eventually. There’s too much money involved not to.

“Winning is hard”

Regardless if Texas wins or loses vs Baylor it’s certainly been an entertaining year on the 40. I hate that it’s almost over. Also hate to see number 5 go but that’s part of the charm of the college game. A few kids get to move up to the big show and we get to be fans of them on new teams that we never paid much attention to before. Hopefully Bijan makes some new fans happy next year. I’m confident he will.

Happy Thanksgiving

Comment

Did I miss Bijan saying he would forego his senior year and enter the draft? I know most think he will but you never know. Brooks looks like the real deal though. The other Robinson is no slouch either. Baxter was just bumped to 5 star as well.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 11-21-2022, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Ill be at the LSU game Saturday. Trying to decide if I take my kids yet or not. Hoping the weather is nicer than it is today.

Was good to see LSU not play down to UAB like I feel they did to Arkansas. I think based on that they arent looking past the aggies and come out ready. I know the ags arent going to lay over for LSU. Some of the freshman may not care but a lot of players on that team want to beat the tigers.

Comment

Working...
                                X