Bowhunting Sidearm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunting Sidearm

Wanted to get some input from y'all. I am in need of a handgun to carry with me while bowhunting. I have never owned a pistol, but have shot plenty. Lately where I have been hunting I have had one too many close calls with pigs walking to or from my stands in the dark. I was wondering what y'all carry with you as your sidearm when bowhunting, and what does your set up look like? Do you have a holster attached to your bino harness or do you have the normal belt loop holster? TIA

Hip worn Taurus Stainless .38 or chest holster Sig 9mm

Can’t say I like one over the other.

Comment

I put a Ruger LC9S in the side pouch of my back pack but I think I like the idea of a revolver better

Comment

Taurus Judge with some long colt rounds and some 410 shells for shooting rattlebugs

Comment

Pmr 30

Comment

Belt holstered 1911-45

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
              Taurus Judge with some long colt rounds and some 410 shells for shooting rattlebugs
              This is a good route to go, especially if you have snakes. This is what I carried when hunting when I lived down in Texas.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Usually no different than what I carry everyday. Sig 365XL 9mm with a Holosun red dot.

Every once in a while when I'm hunting (usually varmint/pig hunting at night), I'll carry a Glock 19 with an RMR and a TLR-7.

Comment

I carry a Kimber K6 3 inch in a cross draw holster by simply rugged. 1st round up is snake shot remaining 5 are soft points.

Comment

I carry my 1911 or my s&w model 19. I’ve had some very close calls to.

Comment

I’ve gone into brush after some pretty nasty boars with nothing more than the G48 or G19 9mm in my waistband (my everyday carry) and a flashlight. A couple quick we’ll placed shots have done the trick when I needed them to. Most of the time these hogs are severely wounded, but I’ve had a couple with light nothing more than a light flesh wound. I wouldn’t have wasted the time had I known that.

Comment

Full size Springfield xd 45 with a tactical light mounted on it. But lately been rolling without a firearm out of concern of any mature deer I'm after smelling gun oil. I wonder if anyone else ever had this concern....we can jump thru 1000 hoops to not smell before going in the woods with soaps, sprays, ozone eliminators, etc.- but then put an oily weapon on yur side that also reeks on gunpowder and head into the woods.... yea i dont know...

Comment

Sig P220 45/2 extra mags... Some of my potential varmints are of the 2-legged variety down in South Texas...

Comment

G19 9mm with laser red dot

Comment

Sig P365 in a Kenai chest holster.... I make sure I have it pig hunting much more than deer hunting....and always tracking either in the dark.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chest holster.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	24669624

Comment

Working...
                              X