No announcement yet.

Range Finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what purpose are you needing a rangefinder?
    If for bowhunting, you don't need the fanciest that ranges out to *** yards.
    I traded a TBHer for a used Nikon 330 a few years ago. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but it does what I use it for - ranging from my tripod for bowhunting.
    And don't buy what is 'on sale' just because it is supposedly 'on sale'. My experience has been that the prices offered on many 'discount websites' like Camofire are pretty much available from other online sources day in and day out.

Comment

I have two range finders, one for rifles and one for bows.

For the bows, I use a Halo XR800, its like 99 bucks at Academy Sports. Has angle slope calcs in it and works well from a tripod stand or from a ground hide. (I didn't want to feel the pain dropping a expensive range finder from a tree stand or tripod as a more expensive range finder)

For the rifles, I use a Leupold, but its much more expensive.

Comment

I’ve had Bushnell, Leupold, Vortex and Sig Kilo.

HANDS DOWN, the Sig is the best and I mean it’s no contest.

And you want the red display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I’ve had Bushnell, Leupold, Vortex and Sig Kilo.

HANDS DOWN, the Sig is the best and I mean it’s no contest.

And you want the red display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          This

Comment

I use the leupold 1200i but I think they are discontinued. Academy had the Sig Kilo1400BDX for $169 yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Sigsauer kilo 2000. I have had it for about three or four years. I was hesitant at first since Sigsauer was new to the optics world but i haven't had any issues and when the time comes for a new one I will get another one from them.

Comment

I have had 4 leupolds. One was stolen and I lost one and found it six months later. My current Leupold 1200 has fallen from 25 feet and lived to to tell the tale. They are good rangefinders.my old RX-2 lasted 9 years of riding around on the dash or console. Once the battery died it did too. I sent it back and it was replaced. Well after two years.

Comment

Working...
                X