Hand Foot and Mouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand Foot and Mouth

Where on earth did this disease come from? I can't remember ever hearing of this disease when I was a kid, but it seems to be becoming more common. My little girl has had it all week, and my gosh it is HORRIBLE! Has it always been around, or is it something that is just becoming more and more common? I've got several friends whose kids have had it, and even a couple friends who have gotten the disease from their kids. One of them had it so bad he couldn't button his pants.

No idea, but one of my sons has had it and it is no fun. Wife and I ended up getting it as well and it felt like the flu but your hands and feet were covered in paper cuts.

Comment

my word it is horrible! My oldest son (now 11) had it when he was 7 and it was an absolutely horrible experience

Comment

Both of my kids got it from Daycare and then I got from one of them last year. I lost all the tastebuds on my tongue and had to gargle with an antibiotic mouth wash for two weeks.

Comment

My niece had it not long ago. Hear about it all the time now.

Comment

These seem to be extreme cases. Two of our three kids got it at daycare and were just generally sick for about a week. They were younger than 5 so maybe that makes a difference. Hope your little one feels better.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LegacyArcher View Post
              These seem to be extreme cases. Two of our three kids got it at daycare and were just generally sick for about a week. They were younger than 5 so maybe that makes a difference. Hope your little one feels better.

I think my little girl had a severe case. Here poor feet looked like she had walked over a bed of coals. Blisters all over her hands, feet, mouth both inside and out. Nobody got any sleep for the first 3 nights when it was in her mouth and throat real bad, but now that we got that under control she is sleeping better and acting herself.

Comment

It's been around forever but seems to be worse now. Or maybe i just hear about it more since i have 2 girls in daycare. My daughter had it early this summer. She had fever for 1 day and not much else. Lots of kids in her daycare/friends group had it around same time so we sre assuming she had it as well and it caused the fever....
                But oh my God. I got it and it was the worse i have felt in many years. Fever and achy for 3 days. Sores on my feet and hands on the sores in my mouth and throat were absolutely terrible. I couldn't eat or drink anything for almost a week until i went and got a steroid shot. I missed a full week of work.

Then after the sores were gone almost all the skin on my palms and bottoms of my feet peeled off. It was literally one of the worst viruses/infections I'd ever dealt with.

My 2 yr old was back to normal a day or so later. I was useless for a week.

Comment

My wife kept making fun of me and calling me a baby. I threatened to lick her toothbrush...lol

Comment

Oh man it's horrible. My granddaughter got it a few months back at daycare and I caught it from her. She didn't seem to suffer much and got past it pretty quick. Me on the other hand, I got it BAD. Thank the Good Lord I didn't have it in my mouth or face but my hands and feet were horrible. Mainly my feet. I missed several days of work.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                      I think my little girl had a severe case. Here poor feet looked like she had walked over a bed of coals. Blisters all over her hands, feet, mouth both inside and out. Nobody got any sleep for the first 3 nights when it was in her mouth and throat real bad, but now that we got that under control she is sleeping better and acting herself.
                      Wow, glad to hear she is finally getting over it. This is absolutely more sever than our experience.

Comment

My nephews two kids had a few weeks ago and it looked terrible. Then my nephew got it and it was worse on him I think than the kids. He got it all over and had to miss work. horrible disease

Comment

Both of my kids had it and I managed to get it from each of them. Dr told me he had never seen an adult get it twice. I feel bad for your little one as I know exactly what it's like and it sucks.

Comment

My son had it twice. The second time he had it, the pediatrician asked if she could take pics to supplement a paper she was writing about the condition for a medical journal. Worse case she had ever seen. Take solace that it is only temporary. Hope it ends soon.

Comment

Both of my kids had it as well. Weird names for medical crap. They also had 5th's disease or slap face as the doctors called it. Just stuff that most kids go through.

Comment

Working...
                              X