Buddhism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddhism

Please, no Christian advice or endless bible phrases please.

Was in a really interesting conversation today regarding Buddhism and Christianity and it got me thinking....
    Anyone on the Green Screen practice Buddhism or keep it as a side belief ?

Here. Not so much a side belief, but I do identify with a lot of it's principles, I could say the same of the Christianity though.
    Not the least bit religious.

Comment

I’ve been on the Buddhist/Spiritual side for over 20 years..... I’m on board with your reply

Comment

Vipassana

Comment

Well....I'm not the beat around the bush type. I'm a Christian. Let's just put this as simple as possible.....let's just say that I'm right with how I believe and you become a Christian and go to Heaven. BUT if I'm wrong yet you still become a Christian and live like one....giving to the church, helping people, doing what you need to do as a man in this world....you still haven't lost. No bible verses needed.....

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
            Well....I'm not the beat around the bush type. I'm a Christian. Let's just put this as simple as possible.....let's just say that I'm right with how I believe and you become a Christian and go to Heaven. BUT if I'm wrong yet you still become a Christian and live like one....giving to the church, helping people, doing what you need to do as a man in this world....you still haven't lost. No bible verses needed.....
            Perfectly said.

Comment

Not a practicing buddhist but i interact with many on a daily basis. Those that are serious about their religion are pretty chill and model offenders. The others not so much.

Comment

I'm curious, if it's against the first precept [in Buddhism] to harm, kill or eat sentient beings as it is the same as harming, killing or eating the flesh of our own child or mother, are there any bow hunters in Buddhism?

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoTexan View Post
                  I'm curious, if it's against the first precept [in Buddhism] to harm, kill or eat sentient beings as it is the same as harming, killing or eating the flesh of our own child or mother, are there any bow hunters in Buddhism?
                  Exactly!
                  But Buddha came from a warrior class and was an archer himself.

Comment

Can you say Buddhism is actually a religion? Or is it just a philosophy?

Comment

I took Asian philosophy stationed in Hawaii, taught by a white Buddhists monk that had been a Catholic priest. Fantastic class, went to some ceremonies and he explained them and it was very interesting.

Comment

I believe that there is only one God who created all.

different folks call him different names and believe differently.

Comment

Buddha was not a Christian, but Jesus would have made a great Buddhist~ Ray Wylie Hubbard

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            Vipassana

I want to give one of these 10 day retreats a try sometime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                              I want to give one of these 10 day retreats a try sometime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I'll be doing one soon.
                              A friend is currently at one in Massachusetts that started a few days ago.
                              That's how I found out about them.

Comment

Working...
                              X