X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God Is Always in Control

God Is Always in Control

Isaiah 45:5-7

I admit that I often don’t understand why bad things happen. Even so, I believe that God has a purpose for everything He does or permits. My faith is rooted in the biblical principle that says the Lord is sovereign (Ps. 22:28). He is in absolute control of this universe, the natural and political climate of this earth, and my life and yours.

When we are in the midst of a trial, it is hard to resist crying out, “God, Why is this happening?” Sometimes we get the answer and sometimes we don’t. What we can be sure of is that nothing happens by accident or coincidence. He has a purpose for even our most painful experiences. Moreover, we have His promise to “cause all things to work together for good to those who love God” (Rom. 8:28).

Seeing in advance how the Lord will work evil or hurt for our benefit is very difficult, if not impossible. My limited human perspective doesn’t allow me to grasp His greater plan. However, I can confirm the truth of this biblical promise because the Father’s good handiwork appears all through my pain, hardship, and loss. I have experienced Him turn mourning into gladness and have seen Him reap bountiful blessings and benefits from my darkest hours.

As believers, we must accept that God won’t always make sense to us. Isaiah teaches that His ways and thoughts are higher than our own (Isa. 55:9). He sees the beautifully completed big picture. We can rely on the fact that God is in control, no matter how wildly off-kilter our world seems to spin.
    Dr. Charles Stanly

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you, Bill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Thks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've always struggled with the phrase "God is always in control" or "God is in control of everything". It's too broad of a statement. I can't see God in control of school shootings, every day murders, rapes, drug deals, thefts, etc etc etc. All of that falls under the freewill that He gives us. That doesn't mean He is in control of those actions but the phrase "God is always in control" would lead one to believe He is. Can He make good come from those evil actions? Of course, I've seen it with my own eyes.

Comment

Amen.. Thanks for posting on TBH and providing guidance and solid christian information... We all need to see more posts throughout our day and lives. again.. thank you for being that conduit for God...

Comment

We have faith in Him because of who He is, not for what He does!

Comment

Amen sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                    I've always struggled with the phrase "God is always in control" or "God is in control of everything". It's too broad of a statement. I can't see God in control of school shootings, every day murders, rapes, drug deals, thefts, etc etc etc. All of that falls under the freewill that He gives us. That doesn't mean He is in control of those actions but the phrase "God is always in control" would lead one to believe He is. Can He make good come from those evil actions? Of course, I've seen it with my own eyes.
                    Isaiah 45:7 KJV
                    [7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things .
                    God has created all ..
                    I like the quote ..”Peace is not the absence of trouble. Peace is the presence of God.”
                    On the other hand, many people think peace is the absence of conflict, challenge or suffering. I’m not sure we’d find any peace on Earth if that were the case! But that’s not peace. Peace is the presence of God despite and throughout the trouble... Folible

Comment

Amen Bro Bill!

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
                        Isaiah 45:7 KJV
                        [7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things .
                        God has created all ..
                        I like the quote ..”Peace is not the absence of trouble. Peace is the presence of God.”
                        On the other hand, many people think peace is the absence of conflict, challenge or suffering. I’m not sure we’d find any peace on Earth if that were the case! But that’s not peace. Peace is the presence of God despite and throughout the trouble... Folible
                        God can't create something He condemns i.e what we consider evil, the examples I gave in my post above. The context of that verse is God blesses Israel when they obey and chastens them (create evil) when they do wrong. Today that would mean the same for us.

Good discussion Bro. Bill!

Comment

I find the fact that God is sovereign and in control quite comforting.

This means that no matter how much I mess up, His plan for my life will be accomplished. When I do something wrong, no worries - He will accomplish His plan for my life. I don't have to worry about being perfect or being right. Yes, I should strive to follow His will and do right in His eyes, but I don't have to lose sleep over how I messed up.

His plan, His will are not only perfect for the world - they are perfect for little ole me.

Comment

Amen, Great one for me, thx.

Comment

Thanks for posting this Bro. Bill. Sometimes I'll admit that I don't understand what God's plan is for any particular situation but I know that he is always in control and everything happens for a reason. That does bring me a sense of peace when things get a little crazy sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X