A weekend that will last a lifetime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A weekend that will last a lifetime!

A HUGE thank you to TBH and the amazing members that I have met here and have become friends with!! Without you guys none of the following could have happened!

Started off this fun filled adventure with my copilot and hunting companion Caci. We loaded down the truck and headed to Brownwood Texas for a weekend of chasing turkeys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0048.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	25110838

Both of us are new to the world of gobblers. To help me out, Kyle, a tbh member, loaned me his decoys to save me a few bucks! So thank you sir! We arrived late, slept a couple hours, and headed out to Clint's place outside of town. Clint, also a tbh member, helped us get her on her best deer to date and a doe that we filled the freezer with. So thank you my friend as we look forward to more hunting adventures with you!

Gobblers fired up around 8 am from multiple directions but none close enough to chase so we held tight staring at decoys.

Name:	IMG_0033.jpg
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	25110836

as well as keeping ourselves entertained!

Name:	IMG_0036.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	25110837

At 10 am two hens came in and moved past us. Expecting breeding season to be like deer hunting I just knew a bird had to be following. As I filmed the turkeys with my go pro I scanned the brush, looking for another one. Sure enough, through the tall grass, I picked up movement. At 80 yards we watched through grass as a Tom put on a bit of a show but held his distance. I clucked a few times and he came closer, then began to strut. After the third set of clucks I had him out in the open with the sun glaring off his feathers. What a sight to be seen. I told Caci to get ready and take the safety off. No sooner than doing so the bird broke into a dead run headed straight for the decoys. I told her as soon as I stop him shoot him and she did precisely that! At 18 yards lay her first turkey ever shot 3 hours into her first turkey hunt. 3/4" and 7/8" spurs and 8 1/2 inches of thick black beard lay dead at her feet! To say she was excited would be an understatement!

man this called for a celebration!!

We cleaned the bird, put it on ice, and headed to Clint's for a 60 pound crawfish boil of jumbo mud bugs I brought with me for him. Neighbors and family gathered around telling stories as the ice cold drinks flowed and the bugs got boiled. Couldn't ask for a better group of people to spend time with! And by the way, I must thank Blake with RajinBlaze for bailing me out and hooking me up with an overnight care package last minute to use on those crawfish! I thought I knew what good mudbugs were until I had these! That guy has it going on so thanks to you too!

After sleeping in, too many ice cold refreshments, we hit it hard for 2 solid days, working on getting on more birds. We came close one other time but just couldn't close the deal. Toms were henned up tight!

Caci pointed out a patch of blue bonnets on the side of the road turning down the gravel where we hunted and informed me that she had never taken pictures in them. Now, me, being a true hearted Texan couldn't allow that to happen. We finished up hunting yesterday afternoon and I insisted we change out of camo for these pictures. I wanted to look respectable!

When we pulled up I snapped a few pics of her and man was she looking good!

I asked her for one more pic using the go pro blue toothed to my phone and thats when I captured the following....

To my surprise, this AMAZING woman said yes! I couldn't have found a better best friend, companion, hunting partner, and soul mate to spend the rest of my days with. She makes this ole country boys world go around! So, again, thank you to everyone involved in making this happen. It would have never have been without you guys! And thank you TBH for allowing so many people of different walks of life come together to share a common bond that we are so passionate about!

Here are a few more pics we took.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! I've been waiting for the story and pics ever since you asked for advice... I'd say it was perfect!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
      Congratulations! I've been waiting for the story and pics ever since you asked for advice... I'd say it was perfect!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yeah! I think it worked out just fine! She said she couldn't be happier because it was so me.

Comment

Man that is a heck of a proposal, Crongrats to the both of you!!

Comment

Way too cool. Good job.

Comment

Nice job and congrats.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome man, congrats!

Comment

Fabulous & CONGRATS to both of Y'all!!!

Comment

Congrats to both of you.

Comment

Congratulations you two! That was awesome....nice bird too [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

--------------------------
                      GO SPURS GO!!!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice!!!!congrats

Comment

Sounds like a great trip and a lot of fun.
                            Congrats to the both of you.

Comment

Congratulations to you both!

Comment

Working...
                              X