No announcement yet.

How late is too late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 seconds before the deer shows up should be plenty of time.

Comment

Skunked again but atleast i got to hunt....not sure ill do it again until it cools off. I sweated my butt off[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitting in the stand & MAYBE not seeing deer....VERSUS sitting on the couch & watching TV...

ummmm....sitting in the stand wins EVERY time.....
        Just get in as quiet as you can & you're good IMO...

Comment

Get out there man! One thing is pretty sure, you're not going to kill a deer from the couch. Much less see a great sunset, listen to the coyote evening sing, or catch a great deer slipping around when he thinks no one is watching. Woods wins nearly every time for me.

Comment

It only takes a brief moment to shoot one .... can’t shoot it if your not there

Comment

Have a hand corn stand on a travel corridor. You will probably start hunting it more than feeders.

Comment

Go for it you can’t kill them if you’re not out there

Comment

Its not to late, but make sure you pack the vehicle the night before. And if you forget your quiver, never mention it on the GS. Or anyone for that matter. Take that mistake to the grave.

Comment

Never too late. As hot as it is they usually aren’t moving until later anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      I have gotten out of the stand and chased off cows with sticks and rocks many times 45 min before dark. Get back up and see deer in 10 min. Its never to late to get out there.
                      Same. When I killed my first archery doe, cows were all around me. I got down and ran them off after 6:00. 30 minutes later I had a dead doe 50 yards from me.

I say as long as you can quietly get in the woods, do it. But pretty much all of my stands are set up to where I can walk in and see if something is there with cover in front me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If that's the best you can do, then that will be good enough.

Comment

Working...
                        X