canam defender hd8 vs kawasaki mule pro fxt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canam defender hd8 vs kawasaki mule pro fxt

Which would you buy and why? Will be for utility work. 6 seater/crew. Not for mudding and stuff

If it was strictly for work and ranch use I’d buy the one I got the best deal on. Both are well built machines.

Comment

I've abused the hell outta a pro-fxt for 6 years. Routine maintenance is all I've done.
      But I been spying those can ams as well.
      And also.... I find the 1 row mule option w bigger bed handy more times than I thought I would.

Comment

I have been very happy with my mule. Has done everything I have asked, including bending my truck bumper back in place after hitting a huge pig. I don't know about the canam but have not heard any negatives other than how big it is.

Comment

IMO the Can Am is a more comfortable and capable rig. I don’t have any complaints with any our Can Ams, and haven’t been able to hurt any of them (and I really tried hard the first couple). That said I still feel like the Mule Pro would be the more durable work rig. I have worked my Defender pretty hard over the last 3+ years without issue though.

Comment

For the can am guys, I heard the routine maintenance parts are pricey and very hard to do yourself. Any truth to that? Just googled it and looks simple.
            Last edited by Rex; 10-11-2021, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
              For the can am guys, I heard the routine maintenance parts are pricey and very hard to do yourself. Any truth to that? Just googled it and looks simple.

The maintenance on the CanAm side by sides isn’t really any different than any of the others. On the other hand, their 4 wheelers are a kick in the taint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had zero luck with the new Mules. Looking to trade ours for another brand pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
                  Cost me $50 for a complete oil change kit this weekend, and took me maybe 10 minutes. I could get the kit cheaper online or if I bought the oil separate. It’s easier just to buy the kit from Can Am though. This is for my Defender though. My Commander I had before this was the same price, but was a bit more pain in the butt. Took maybe 20-25 minutes due to having to remove a small skid plate.

Comment

I loved my mule fxt and put that thing through hell and it never let me down over 700 hours without a problem one. I have a can am now it's it's been pretty good so far but already had to replace the fuel pump and it's got a little over 100 hours. It's been babied compared to the fxt.

Comment

The mule we had was TERRIBLELY ROUGH... Would knock scopes off... If they have fixed that. They are even. The mule WOULD NOT DIE

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                        The mule we had was TERRIBLELY ROUGH... Would knock scopes off... If they have fixed that. They are even. The mule WOULD NOT DIE
                        did you have an ftx or one of the 4010/3010s? Havent been in one yet cuz no one has any, but heard the FXT Pros were pretty smooth

Comment

For what you are doing, either one would be fine. I have a can am hd8 personally and we have a few other can ams and mule pro at the ranches. Both are good machines, but i would lean toward the can am. I've used mine a LOT over the past few years and so far so good.

Comment

Whichever one you can find. As tight as our market has been, it is about to get much harder to find them! I am afraid many dealers will be charging well over asking price in the very near future.

Comment

I've been in both lately. I don't own one nor am I in the market for one so no bias here, I liked the mule better.

Comment

Working...
                              X