Shoulder Replacement Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulder Replacement Surgery

Good Night, this is some kind of hurt. Had it done on Thursday, Friday and Saturday were horrible. Today is a bit more tolerable and go on Tuesday for therapy-I can't imagine how that will be.

Who's had it and what can I expect for recuperation time. In the meantime I just received my BOG Deathgrip and looks like I'm definitely going to have to use it.

You’ll be in therapy for at least 2-3 months. You’ve made it through the worst of the pain! I hope you are getting PT at a great facility… the first few weeks are some of the most important regarding your range of motion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of shoulder surgeries....what exactly did you have done. It will help answer your questions. Ive had 3 and they are the worst. My knees, back and wrist surgeries were pieces of cake compared to the shoulder surgeries.

Comment

You have made it thru the worse part now. You should start going to PT now. Make the therapist challenge and push you. It hurts but you will get over it. If you don't do the PT correctly you will have severely limited range of motion. Your shoulder will hurt off and on for about a year. I started swinging a golf club at 2 months and was back playing full strength in about 4 months. You will be a good weather man too. Every little change in barometric pressure is sensed by the little pours in your bones, and they drilled them out and dove a rod in there. Read your surgery report. If you see percussed in there it means they hammered the rod into place. Hang in there, it will get better. It's been 2 years since my surgery and I don't even think about it any more. Good luck and push yourself during PT

Comment

Dang Rudy, hope you heal up sooner than later!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            Lots of shoulder surgeries....what exactly did you have done. It will help answer your questions. Ive had 3 and they are the worst. My knees, back and wrist surgeries were pieces of cake compared to the shoulder surgeries.
            Orders say “L Reverse Shoulder Replacement Stem”
            Guess that means let’s put as much pain in this old guy as possible haha. As you can tell by my 4:22 AM post.

Comment

Sorry I guess I misread the title in my own delirious state. I had just finished driving close to 1000 miles yesterday. Best of luck to you on your recovery. Don’t skip any of your PT and you will have great long term results. Each day will be fractionally better in terms of pain. Good luck with your recovery.

Comment

Prayers for healing and relief...
                I'm 5 months in on recovering from a left shoulder total reconstruction due to tearing every tendon from the bone.... I truly thought GOD was punishing me the first 3 months...

Comment

Do your pt. I hope you have an ice therapy machine! If not, order one from Amazon today. You can thank me later! An ice therapy machine will give a lot of pain relief.

Comment

Ice often!

Comment

Hope you get to feeling better quickly Rudy.

Comment

Man I empathize with you. I didn’t have to go through a rebuild like you did so I’m sure that mine isn’t near as painful but it’s still pretty rough.
                        I tore the rotator cuff completely off the bone and had to have it reattached. That was eight weeks ago. In the beginning, therapy was rough but with each day it gets better and the pain gets less. The improvements are sometimes very minuscule but they are there if you look for them. This is my third shoulder surgery and the worst one yet. Also the slowest to recover from. Do exactly as the therapist and docs tell you. Don’t over do it and have a setback. It’s going to be a long road for sure but you’ll just have to deal with it.

If I can figure out a way to cock my xbow one handed I’ll go hunting but for right now it’s killing me not to be out there in the woods.

The hardest part for me is not being able to do anything around the house. I hate seeing my wife do all the work so I try to encourage her while she’s mowing the yard out front. I sit in my chair with my cooler of beer and cheer her on for all my neighbors to see. After all, I wouldn’t want them to think I didn’t care.

Comment

Thanks All......you're a funny man Geezy and brave.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyl View Post
                            Thanks All......you're a funny man Geezy and brave.

If it’s a reverse total shoulder replacement your range will be a bit more limited. You’ll need to be careful not to reach behind your back for a few weeks to prevent it from dislocating.

Reach out if you have any questions!

Comment

Does this surgery require you to sleep sitting up? My friend had some sort of shoulder surgery and he had to do it for two weeks. He looked like the walking dead at work he was so tired.

Comment

Working...
                              X