Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Your Cell Camera Gets Struck By Lightning…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Your Cell Camera Gets Struck By Lightning…

Last Sunday, I made a trip to my dad’s place in Mason to put up a BRAND NEW Covert. I have a favorite stand there and always just look at whatever pics my dad got from his trail cams. Tuesday night, he had a big storm come through and the camera quit sending photos. I figured the storm knocked out the signal and dad would have to get it to reconnect. This is what he found…

It was there 3 dang days. Talk about some bad luck. Lol!

The bailing wire was holding the solar panel to the tree. It was roughly 18”s above the camera. The tree didn’t have a mark on it.

Oh well!!! There went $400…and no it’s not a warranty approved replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've heard the term 'smoked it' before but never in the context of a trail camera.
    That's some bad luck.

Comment

That sucks. I’d send it to them with the story?

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
        I've heard the term 'smoked it' before but never in the context of a trail camera.
        That's some bad luck.
        Lol. True dat. My dad had to cut the bailing wire to open the door.

Comment

Still have the receipt? Just for fun I would send it in for warranty and claim a thermal event! Lol. They may send you a new one for giving them a laugh.

Comment

Wow!

I bet ya $1 they would warranty it. Not because they have to, but because it’s dog eat dog out there. They cover it… your happy and tell people your happy they win and it cost them a camera they got $6.24 in. Lol

Comment

I said “no warranty” because I’ve already talked to them about it. BUT, that don’t mean I’m not gonna ask again. Lol.

Camera was purchased directly from Covert.

Comment

Dang. The smoke was definitely let out of that one.

Comment

Wow, that’s wild.

Comment

Yuk...

Comment

Shiite Muslim. That's my kind of luck! Covert customer service has been good to me over the years. I never had an issue like that but they never had a problem sending me a new camera even when mine was out of warranty.

Comment

Dang!

Comment

Sounds like my luck, 3 days and poof

Comment

Thats those cheap Walmart batteries! Jk, that's crazy

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                              Thats those cheap Walmart batteries! Jk, that's crazy
                              Funny you mentioned that. Those are Batteries Plus 2500mah rechargeables. 4/$14.99
                              I just tested 2 of them in a volt meter and both registered over 1.2v. Hope they’re all good.

Comment

Working...
                              X