Hyundai Sonata Owners-Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyundai Sonata Owners-Question

I got a lot of good suggestions on my Commuter car post. Hyundai shows this model to get right around 40 mpg. Is this accurate if driving highway speeds and using a light foot in traffic? Are these really that dependable? The Sonata looks like a comfortable car and gets as good MPG as the little cars advertise. Are there any year models that are prone to trouble? For the price I am not sure I would want used and might be worth new to get the warranties? I have a ram 2500, 6.7 4x4 and I really do not want to run the miles up on it no more than i need to.

We bought a 2015 Sonata last year for my son. No problems at all from it and he is getting about 33-34 mpg.

Comment

I had a Sonata for 12 years but it had a bigger V6 with 237hp so it did not get nearly the gas mileage of the four-cylinder.

I do not drive light footed and the used to stick my foot into the fuel injector. I drove to NY a few years ago in it and averaged 28 mpg. I could imagine that the much more fuel efficient four-cylinder will get a lot better gas mileage. That is especially true with somebody that does not drive quite as aggressive as I did…. back then.

Comment

IDK, about the Sonada.
        But my Tiburon, is a great car.
        Go figure.. It's got a cig lighter. But no cruise control.

Comment

Had a Hyundai Elantra, its little brother, and no problems. Enjoyed that car and great gas mileage but the small tank had us still filling up often.

Comment

Working...
          X