Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Bowhunter killed when fellow hunter shoots him

Anybody know anything else about this?

Title and capitalization sure made me think another direction when i read this

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-bow-hun...193846708.html

Already another thread started on here yesterday in the campfire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Title and capitalization sure made me think another direction when i read this
        I was thinking maybe a hostile lease mate might have killed a guy for moving his truck 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-bow-hun...193846708.html

Comment

Any ideas why bow hunters are not required to wear the orange in areas where all the hunters are required to? It seems like this is a common practice in most hunter orange areas.
            When we go to Michigan to hunt, my wife has to wear it while muzzle loader hunting, but I dont while bow hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
              Any ideas why bow hunters are not required to wear the orange in areas where all the hunters are required to? It seems like this is a common practice in most hunter orange areas.
              When we go to Michigan to hunt, my wife has to wear it while muzzle loader hunting, but I dont while bow hunting.
              We were in Colorado last week bowhunting and had this discussion. There were some muzzleloader guys nearby in hunter orange, but as far as I know unless it's rifle season bowhunters do not have to wear it. Probably a good idea just to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                Oklahoma requires archers to wear orange while hunting during any gun season public or private. There's no deer there though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dear Family and Friends, Greg Gabrisch unexpectedly passed away on September 17th, 20… Ashlee Skabla needs your support for Greg Gabrisch Memorial Service

Terrible tragedy. My daughter’s friend is Greg’s sister.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                    Oklahoma requires archers to wear orange while hunting during any gun season public or private. There's no deer there though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                    Isn't small game season pretty much year round? Wouldn't that require orange all the time then?

People need to stop shooting at sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      People need to stop shooting at sounds.
                      I'll just never understand in a million zillion years how people can shoot at sounds or motion. Even if it's the animal they're hoping it is, how are they going to hit the vitals properly?

Comment

Never understood why Black Powder season overlaps Bow season?

Comment

People like this should be banned from hunting period!!!

Responsible hunters know exactly what the target they're shooting at is and know movement or sound isn't a target. These kind of stories just boil my blood!!!

Comment

Friend of mine came out of the swamp (state land) with no flash light but was banging his tree stand with the chain and was shot in the eye by a guy still hunting after dark. He went to the hospital with a 6 blade wasp and arrow sticking out of his eye socket.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                              Friend of mine came out of the swamp (state land) with no flash light but was banging his tree stand with the chain and was shot in the eye by a guy still hunting after dark. He went to the hospital with a 6 blade wasp and arrow sticking out of his eye socket.
                              Dang it boy!

Comment

Working...
                              X