9.11.01 . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.11.01 . .

Where were you when you heard the news? . . I was teaching my 2nd period PE class . .
    Never forget . .

Where

4th floor Stonebridge 1 office building
    Austin, Tx
    G-d Bless America

Comment

On the GW Parkway on my way into DC to Thomas Circle as the Pentagon was hit........

Then rode out the whole day unable to get out with the crazy traffic jam.......

Comment

Starting my first day as a fireman

Comment

Sitting in a digital editing class Dan Rather Communications Building at Sam Houston. We watched it come across the Tv.

Comment

off work that day, at home watching the news.

Never forget !

Comment

Had just gotten to plant in Reynosa & everyone started yelling at me to get back across as they were shutting down the border...got home in time to see the 2nd crash.

Comment

9th Grade in US History class. Mr. Epstein was my teacher (not that Epstein)

Comment

At the back entrance of shell “ oxy gate”. I was in the process of entering when heavy security closed the gates . There were about 20 trucks waiting to check in And a woman guard ran out and started calling us in to the small guard shack and she was in tears. They had a small tv in there and we were shoulder to shoulder. When we walked in the first tower was on fire and then We saw the second get hit , then they Both crumbled. You could have have heard a pin drop. Grown men in tears!

Comment

I was 13, sitting at the breakfast table watching Fox4 Good Day. They had live coverage...watched the 2nd plane hit. I will never forget...

Comment

I was sitting at my kitchen counter when the first plane hit. Then in class in 7th grade when the rest happened, huddled around a tv. Forever changed my life in every possible way and 4 years later, that day sent me to war, after becoming an infantry Marine. I'll never forget.

Comment

Freshman in high school music class. Channel 1 TVs came on after first tower hit. We watched all morning going from class to class.

Comment

I was a freshman at A&M on the bus to Heldenfels. It was announced over the radio and the entire bus was in shock. Got off at my stop and went into class. My prof walked in and cancelled classes. Headed back to my apartment and watched the rest of the live coverage for probably the next 3 days with my roommates while I tried to get in touch with friends and family that were associated with the buildings and airline industry.

We will never forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just dropped my girlfriend off at Hobby airport and was sitting on 45 headed to work when it came in the radio. Jim Pruett was the DJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                              Freshman in high school music class. Channel 1 TVs came on after first tower hit. We watched all morning going from class to class.
                              Freshman English Class, Channel 1 TV. Looking back I can still feel the emptiness of the room

Comment

Working...
                              X