Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never in my wildest nightmares would I have predicted that steel shot would be this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never in my wildest nightmares would I have predicted that steel shot would be this

hard to find. I mean everywhere is out of all but the really crappy or really expensive stuff. I was thinking that they were just going to hit the market right before the season starts, but duck and goose seasons are firing up in other parts of the country, and there's basically nothing available. I have enough to get by, but this is nothing short of amazing.

Just use lead, the GW will understand

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Just use lead, the GW will understand
      If it came to that, I would, and just pay the fine. I'm gonna duck hunt, and generally obey the rules, but they may not leave me any choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        If it came to that, I would, and just pay the fine. I'm gonna duck hunt, and generally obey the rules, but they may not leave me any choice.
        The fine isn't what gets you. It's the restitution on the birds he catches you with that gets you. If the feds get involved it can be up to 2k per bird. That's what I was told by the GW on opening day of dove anyway.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just checks Rogers and Macks and they seem to get shipments weekly.

Comment

Times like these coming along is why I always bought plenty at the end of season sales.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Just checks Rogers and Macks and they seem to get shipments weekly.
              Been checking, and they don’t seem to be getting anything.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                The fine isn't what gets you. It's the restitution on the birds he catches you with that gets you. If the feds get involved it can be up to 2k per bird. That's what I was told by the GW on opening day of dove anyway.

Of the people that I know who have been caught, none had to pay restitution. I don’t want to go down that road anyway, and won’t have to this year. The problem is that supplies are getting worse, not better.

Comment

I'd buy the expensive stuff, just to have something to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot the expensive stuff, but truth be known, the cheaper stuff will kill everything in good decoying range. I have patterned more shells than I can remember & the cheaper loads work as good as high dollar stuff in decoy range.All is better than the loose nut behind the stock. Lol

Comment

Of the people that I know who have been caught, none had to pay restitution. I don’t want to go down that road anyway, and won’t have to this year. The problem is that supplies are getting worse, not better.
                      I'm not sure if they would confiscate birds for using steel shot so you may be right on that. I know they confiscated ours opening day dove for baiting but that is a different scenario. They charged the lease agent for restitution on those. Hunters got warnings.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                        I'm not sure if they would confiscate birds for using steel shot so you may be right on that. I know they confiscated ours opening day dove for baiting but that is a different scenario. They charged the lease agent for restitution on those. Hunters got warnings.

There’s a lot of things that they can do. They can take your gun and your vehicle, but that’s generally reserved for repeat offenders with egregious violations.

Comment

There’s a lot of things that they can do. They can take your gun and your vehicle, but that’s generally reserved for repeat offenders with egregious violations.
                          Agreed

Comment

I found a box of #6 Kent steel the other day behind the mojos (sorry whoever hid that) and you would’ve thought I just found a box of gold…

First steel shot useable for teal I have found in the last 60 days

Comment

I've shot a ton of teal with #2 steel out of my Benellie. That's what it likes.

Comment

Working...
                              X