X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    What happens to Kansas basketball?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I lean towards ACC. Iowa State goes BIG10.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post

Will all gas no brakes still be the gimmick slogan in the SEC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You would sure think the man could afford a suit that fits. And those shoes....

Comment

I'd love to see this move happen and move towards 4 super conferences.

I am curious why in this conversation FSU wouldn't be considered in conference expansion. Then if that is the case does Clemson fit the bill as well with USC rivalry?

This thread is hilarious...gig em Ags

ac

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
          I'd love to see this move happen and move towards 4 super conferences.

I am curious why in this conversation FSU wouldn't be considered in conference expansion. Then if that is the case does Clemson fit the bill as well with USC rivalry?

This thread is hilarious...gig em Ags

ac

I think it makes more sense to add 1 team each to East and west. OU/TX in the west and Clemson/FSU/Miami in the East seem to be the best fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
            Iowa State isn't getting into the BIG, honestly if those two leave the Big 12 the remaining 8 will be wandering in the wilderness much like TCU was from 1996-2012
            Last edited by bossbowman; 07-22-2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Understandably, 95% of the whizzing match around here is between fans of UT, OU and A&M. What do you fans of the other Big 12 schools think will happen to your team? Specifically those rarely at the top of the pile but with solid programs and big fan bases like Baylor, Tech, TCU, OSU. As an OSU alum I am sick about this and fear for our future but implosion of the Big 12 has felt inevitable for quite a while. In past flirtations with other conferences the conventional wisdom has been that the Oklahoma legislature would not allow OU/OSU to be in different conferences. They apparently have that power but the SEC is not going to take OSU as a package deal. I wouldn't want that anyway...
              Last edited by jerp; 07-22-2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                Iowa State brings nothing to the table for the Big 10 in regards to new TV revenue and Iowa will fight to make sure it doesn't happen. This may be a different situation than the Aggies fight cause Iowa State is not bringing more money to the table for the conference. If the Big 10 can make the numbers work and smooth over with Iowa, then I think they are a logical spot. Matt Campbell deserves a bigger cut of the pie for getting ISU Football relevant so its a consideration.

The Big 10 would take KU because of basketball in a heartbeat. The only holdup may be their ongoing NCAA investigation and how hard they are hammered.

Iowa State and KU are both AAU Members which is a requirement to be a Big 10 Member. That's a big step.

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Understandably, 95% of the whizzing match around here is between fans of UT, OU and A&M. What do you fans of the other Big 12 schools think will happen to your team? Specifically those rarely at the top of the pile but with solid programs and big fan bases like Baylor, Tech, TCU, OSU. As an OSU alum I am sick about this and fear for our future but implosion of the Big 12 has felt inevitable for quite a while. In past flirtations with other conferences the conventional wisdom has been that the Oklahoma legislature would not allow OU/OSU to be in different conferences. They apparently have that power but the SEC is not going to take OSU as a package deal. I wouldn't want that anyway...

They don’t have that power and have already mentioned they can’t hold OU back. They also mentioned Boren being the reason they held tight to OSU.

There is a REP BU grad from the Plano area already trying to stop Texas, he won’t have much luck. I guess the power grid must be secure if he has time to waste on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Chad C; 07-22-2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Understandably, 95% of the whizzing match around here is between fans of UT, OU and A&M. What do you fans of the other Big 12 schools - specifically Baylor, Tech, TCU, OSU - think will happen to your team? As an OSU alum I am sick about this and fear for our future but implosion of the Big 12 has felt inevitable for quite a while. In past flirtations with other conferences the conventional wisdom has been that the Oklahoma legislature would not allow OU/OSU to be in different conferences. They apparently have that power but I sure can't see the SEC taking OSU as a package deal. I wouldn't want that anyway...
                    As a Baylor fan I would hope the Basketball national championship would holds some weight and we could get into the ACC and bring football along but its likely we would end up in the Big East as basketball only school. I don't see PAC-12 taking any religious schools. The remaining 8 could hold together and bring in some AAC schools like Cincinatti etc but its still not P5 conference anymore, it would be AAC 2.0. I don't really see any good senario for the football program.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post

Will all gas no brakes still be the gimmick slogan in the SEC.

Why does this pic make me think of Peewee Herman? . .

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        As a Baylor fan I would hope the Basketball national championship would holds some weight and we could get into the ACC and bring football along but its likely we would end up in the Big East as basketball only school. I don't see PAC-12 taking any religious schools. The remaining 8 could hold together and bring in some AAC schools like Cincinatti etc but its still not P5 conference anymore, it would be AAC 2.0. I don't really see any good senario for the football program.
                        It will be interesting to see if the PAC is willing to take the religious schools. That might be their best chance of survival to bring in TCU, Baylor, Tech, and OSU to get to 16.

Their only other option is OSU, Tech, Iowa State, Kansas which they could be in a losing battle with the Big 10 for Iowa State / KU as previously discussed.

That puts Baylor and TCU in a tough spot and dependent on the ACC.

Comment

Originally posted by sharecropper View Post
                          why does this pic make me think of peewee herman? . .
                          rlmfao:d:d:d:d

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                            Why does this pic make me think of Peewee Herman? . .
                            Mini me needs to be standing next to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                              They don’t have that power and have already mentioned they can’t hold OU back. They also mentioned Boren being the reason they held tight to OSU.

There is a REP BU grad from the Plano area already trying to stop Texas, he won’t have much luck. I guess the power grid must be secure if he has time to waste on this.

Guy claims to be a small govt type. Also, if this does happen, it will be done before they can get enough members for a quorum. It's theater.

Comment

This guy was in complete denial, yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X