1.5 HP Meat Grinder Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.5 HP Meat Grinder Recs

Looking to upgrade to a more commercial unit for Deer Processing. I'm looking at the MEAT and Weston Brands. Any other recommendations?

I have used an older Hobart Commercial Grinder for 30 years. Takes the Hulk to move it. Never fails to grind. Hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
      I have used an older Hobart Commercial Grinder for 30 years. Takes the Hulk to move it. Never fails to grind. Hard to find.
      Don't think I need THAT commercial. Maybe that was the wrong word. On the larger end of the residential grade is more like it. Looking to do the scrap off of 6-8 deer all at once at the end of season.

Comment

I’m about to upgrade in size too. I’m looking at LEM. I’ve have their smaller stuff and probably ground over 50 animals without it skipping a beat.

Comment

I bought a 1hp from sportsman guide I’m pretty sure it’s the same as cabelas brand with different stickers. It eats it up as fast as you can feed it and doesn’t slow down.

Comment

I bought my Cabela`s 1.5 grinder 12 years ago. It`s a great grinder. I haven`t bought any HB meat from a supermarket since I retired from being a butcher and I still grind all of our meat whether it be beef or deer.

Comment

Look at the cut pro in 1hp.size 22 head. It has a larger pan and rectangular throat. All gear drive so no belt slipping to bog it down. Crazy fast. About as good as you can do on a 110v. Wish it had a foot pedal though
              Last edited by GarGuy; 10-14-2021, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Look at the cut pro in 1hp.size 22 head. It has a larger pan and rectangular throat. All gear drive so no belt slipping to bog it down. Crazy fast. About as good as you can do on a 110v. Wish it had a foot pedal though
                You may already know this, but you can buy a foot pedal to run any 120v plug in device.

Comment

following. Going to be in the market for the same this winter. Not to hijack the thread, but also curious if anyone recommends a particular stuffer as well

Comment

My Cabela's Commercial Grade has been great to me for 5-6 years. I don't believe they make that exact model anymore. I think the new one is the Carnivore. I'd give it a hard look.

Edit - I just looked and they don't make a 1.5 horse anymore. Just a 1HP and a 1 3/4HP. Bet that thing is a beast.
                    Last edited by Saltyag15; 10-14-2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                      I bought my Cabela`s 1.5 grinder 12 years ago. It`s a great grinder. I haven`t bought any HB meat from a supermarket since I retired from being a butcher and I still grind all of our meat whether it be beef or deer.

X's 10, going on 20 years on mine,grind over 6 deer every year and also grind for other people

Comment

Weston #32 makes quick work of everything. Split it with 2 buddies and it was worth every penny. Bought a big Hakka stuffer too and that was a big help as well.

Comment

I bought the Back Yard Pro butcher series, its a one horse and grinds deer meat faster than i can put it in. i bought mine early this year on line and the price great.

Comment

LEM makes a really good grinder. I have a #22 and it been used A BUNCH. They also have stuffers.
                            LEM Products offers high-quality meat processing equipment, jerky and sausage making supplies, and food preparation tools. We focus on making deer and game processing easy.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                              Sounds like one that my Dad shared ownership with another guy. Unfortunately they have both passed and I think the other guy had it at the time. And it did take 2 grown men to move it around but it would grind as long as you fed it and never slow down.

Comment

Working...
                              X